• ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Here we go again, right?

I've been carrying a .45 XDS the last couple of years. Some things I like, some things I don't.

I've been looking at Kimber Ultra Carry II's lately. The Super Carry looks interesting as well.

Money aside (not saying its inconsequential), what's popular these days for:

Caliber .45
    Metal frame
    At least 7 shot magazine
    IWB tuckable
    Commander or Officer's size frame. (Colt nomenclature is what I have been familiar with for years)
    Something around a 4" barrel.

Does Sig do something like this? How's the reputation of Kimber been lately?

Yeah I know, if it's not a Wilson Combat it's cr@p.

I appreciate feedback,
    Karl

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    The Springfield LW Champion Operator is really smooth and light weight haven't had it all that long but sounds like something you might like!psyko

I can vouch for the LWCO, a great carry weapon and smooth shooter with a lifetime warranty. Also, Springfield Armory has excellent customer service.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    My brother recently got a Nightmare, very nice piece! Sibling rivalry and all, I couldn't buy the same thing he got without ever hearing the end of it.

I do love my Springfields! The LW Champion operator looks interesting.

Very nice suggestions so far.

Any opinions about Para Executive Carry or LDA?

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I just noticed that you mentioned a steel frame and the LWCO is alloy. I would go with the original, a Colt Commander. Palmetto State Armory had a killer deal on the Colt Commander for $599.00, but I see that they are temporarily out of stock.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    You could consider a Sig P220 Carry SAS SAO. Did I mention I have one for sale in the classifieds? :D
    I also have a Comp Tac CTAC holster for a great IWB setup.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I was just in Tomlonson's shop in 'Busco. They had a lot of nice 1911 carry choices...
    Kimbers, S&W E-Series bobtail, Colts, Ruger, etc...

I was in Tomlinson's last Wednesday. Jetgirl was doing her best to tempt me. That's one of the things that has stirred up the interest again.

I went with an XDS because it was cheaper at the time. I should have went with a Ultra-Carry that was in the case. At least that's what I've told myself numerous times.

Hopefully I didn't screw up the quote thingy.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    1911 C3
    1911-Compact-C3-detail-Hero.jpg

These seem to be really popular if you want a compact 1911 Sig.

I have the one below:
    50951_2.jpg

I really like it. Shoots well. Carries IWB easily.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm not a Kimber fan, but they have something Springfield doesn't... A 4" 1911 with an Officers frame.

CDP2

EDIT. pringfield Armory Range Officer Compact is a 4" 1911 with an Officers grip. HERE

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Here we go again, right?

I've been carrying a .45 XDS the last couple of years. Some things I like, some things I don't.

I've been looking at Kimber Ultra Carry II's lately. The Super Carry looks interesting as well.

Money aside (not saying its inconsequential), what's popular these days for:

Caliber .45
    Metal frame
    At least 7 shot magazine
    IWB tuckable
    Commander or Officer's size frame. (Colt nomenclature is what I have been familiar with for years)
    Something around a 4" barrel.

Does Sig do something like this? How's the reputation of Kimber been lately?

Yeah I know, if it's not a Wilson Combat it's cr@p.

I appreciate feedback,
    Karl

Sig P245 but no longer in production. 6+1 flush mag and will take 8 and 10 round P220 mags. P220 compact is the new version and is functionally identical. P220 carry is the shorter slide but full size frame.

The P245 is a superbly balanced .45. A little more recoil than the full P220, but otherwise shoots the same.

behiggie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    I would also like to know some of the things you did not like about the XDS I have be shopping around for one and may pull the trigger on one soon.

Thanks for any info.
    Ben

Top Bottom