• ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Disclaimer:
    I'm not a 2" @ 25yd shooter, just a fluffy feller that loves firearms, and loves to shoot.
    I'm also not a 1911 fan (Sorry Churchmouse), I've owned and sold/traded:
    Springfield PX9151
    Springfield Range Officer
    Sig Custom Stainless Commander (miss that one)
    S&W "E" Series Scandium
    Ruger SR1911.

Range Review: Sig Extreme 1911.
    This thing just called to me, I had to have it, so I bought it. Loved the way it looked, felt, and dry fired, also loved the low profile night sights. Took her home, stripped her down, and cleaned her up... Off to the range I go.

Shortest Range @ Sugar Ridge FWA is 25 yrds, so that's where we started. Loaded up 5 rounds initially to get a feel for Aim vs Impact.
    First few shots, missed everything, 4th shot hit high, so for me anyway, 6-o'clock hold was almost dead center on 5th round.

Loaded a few more 5 round mags (8-rnd is max, I frequently only load 5, it's just something I do), and while (as said above), wasn't hitting within 2", was wearing out target.

Loaded up 8 rounds, put 1 into chamber, reloaded 8th round in mag., and reinserted mag. Not hard install at all, just a little push. Worked through a few full mags @ maybe a second or 2 between each shot. Dang, I was really digging this 1911, loving it....

Finished up the 60 rounds I had with me (all reloads, 30 were Bullseye, 30 were CFE Pistol, all 230gr Plated RN), and I will fully admit, this 1911 is a keeper, I really love it, feels better (to me) than any of the aforementioned 1911s I've shot. Trigger is great (most 1911 triggers are to me YMMV), sights on target very fast, follow up shots fast, and it was 100% reliable, with "Medium Charge Reloads".

I know I know, pics or it didn't happen....(Yes, I get a bit liberal with Weapon Shield Oil).

Happy Shooting and Merry Christmas.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Very nice gift to yourself and nice RR! I have a Sig TacOps I just picked up for myself on Thanksgiving and it looks very similar to yours (aside from different grips). I love mine and I'm glad to hear you enjoy yours. :thumbsup:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Beautiful gun, Butch, and nice shooting. I'm not a 2" at 25yd guy either so I appreciate you picking up a new gun and being self-defense accurate. Good job.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I've shot a Sig Tac Ops and a Scorpion. Both were extremely accurate guns.
    WTBurnette's Tac Ops will easily carve out one ragged hole at 7-10 yards.
    Sig definitely gives you a lot hardware and performance for the money.

Top Bottom