• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    I have been eyeing the vp9 as the next addition to arsenal. I was set on buying it until I found out there is a small braided steel cable in the frame of the gun.

I feel like it would be a part that can easily fail, or wear out quickly. Would any body worry about this also? Or am I being ridiculous?

I don't even know what the cable is for.. Can anybody shed some light on the topic?
    Thanks

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Where?

3mAJVOc.jpg

*edit* Found some mention of it in this post: Grayguns HK VP9 heredity - Topic

The trigger bar spring was mentioned earlier, and I will say that I was surprised to find what appeared to be a weak link in the system initially. Bruce already explained how this spring works in an earlier post so I wont go into the weeds too far with that, but I do want to get into the perceived problem. Basically, one end of the braided s-curved spring seats into a cut-out in the frame adjacent to the mag body, and the other end connects with a polymer bearing that articulates in a hole along the bottom edge of the trigger bar. This spring provides slight secondary tension to the trigger rebound, but its main purpose is to push the trigger bar upward during re-connect. The spring end is sealed into a blind hole in the polymer bearing, and the "problem" occurs when the factory connection that retains the spring in the bearing is disrupted, and the spring is then able to work free of the bearing.

**It is my opinion that this connection should NEVER experience enough separating pressure during regular use to pop free, and I believe that the "problem" is encouraged to occur when an inexperienced individual is trying to remove or install the spring and pulls the spring away from the polymer bearing which breaks the factory connection. When you then try to install and run the part after that, the flexing and articulating of the spring during load eventually works the spring free from the blind hole and, pop goes the weasel. I admit that this problem occurred for me ONE time, and it was after I had unintentionally popped the bearing off the spring during an early detail strip while still learning the system. I would ask that anyone reading this who has experienced this failure, please post in this thread and mark whether the pistol has ever been detailed stripped. I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that any of the few failures that may have ever occurred, happened after that spring was removed and monkeyed with.**

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I wouldn't worry about it. I know the gun has only been out for a short time but in that short time I can't find one negative thing said about the gun and there's many many guys over on the Hk forums that have close to and over 10k rounds without failure

seabassnfg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2014
    Valpo
    Haha I agree it needs some lube, but this isn't my gun. I found it on an H&k forum just to show the cable I was talking about

Top Bottom