• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Please school me on the various models CZ makes. I've shot a couple and really like them, but no next to nothing about them (other than DW is part of them making damn fine 1911's). In particular, I was looking online at CZ 75b models and kept seeing the Omega version cheaper. The description always reads it's an improved version of the CZ 75b, but I thought I'd check INGO to see if it's more desired to get a Omega version over the standard version? Also, I'm still drooling over meeting TopDog at the range a couple weeks ago and getting to shoot his P09 that just came back from CGW. That was a SWEET shooting gun! :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When can you find your way up to Lafayette. We can shoot on my dime, my ammo. I don't have all of the models but a decent representation.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Omega trigger system is the one you find in the P07/P09. It is a little better stock than the normal CZ75 trigger system. I still think the standard trigger system is the way to go if you are going to fully upgrade. The Omega system might be better if you are not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Post any questions you have. I am sure there are more knowledgeable folks then me on this topic and they can weigh in also.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Yes, I have had a couple of them.

Was my first pistol. Shot well enough...

But holsters were non-existant. And I over-paid.

But that gun got me to join the CZ forum looking for information. And that led me to the KelTec Owners Group...

Which led me to GlockTalk, TheHighRoad, TheFiringLine, and, ultimately, here to INGO.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Was my first pistol. Shot well enough...

But holsters were non-existant. And I over-paid.

But that gun got me to join the CZ forum looking for information. And that led me to the KelTec Owners Group...

Which led me to GlockTalk, TheHighRoad, TheFiringLine, and, ultimately, here to INGO.

Wow, the long and winding road. ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Post any questions you have. I am sure there are more knowledgeable folks then me on this topic and they can weigh in also.

That's kind of like Henry Ford suggesting that others could explain the theory of the production line better than he could. :)

Since my experience with CZs is totally contained in the non-poly pistols that use the standard CZ setup, I can't help with questions regarding the Omega trigger. If you are interested in clones, I can try to help explain how the clones tend to differ in the trigger systems. But, for your basic CZs, all I can add is the fact that if you buy a CZ 75, Schmeky is a name that you will know well.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's kind of like Henry Ford suggesting that others could explain the theory of the production line better than he could. :)

Since my experience with CZs is totally contained in the non-poly pistols that use the standard CZ setup, I can't help with questions regarding the Omega trigger. If you are interested in clones, I can try to help explain how the clones tend to differ in the trigger systems. But, for your basic CZs, all I can add is the fact that if you buy a CZ 75, Schmeky is a name that you will know well.

Yep, Schmeky is really all you need to know.

Top Bottom