• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    Went to the range today. Fired 3 mags through my Interarms ppk/s .380 before switching to some different handguns. After a while, I went back to the ppk/s loaded a mag, fired one round fine. Pulled the trigger again and the gun fired a full auto burst of 5 rounds. It startled the crap out of me, but luckily I was able to keep it pointed down range.. I field stripped it when I got home, but saw nothing obvious.

Anybody ever have this problem with a ppk/s?

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    Had a ww II PP did this, still have a bullet lodged in my kitchen table. Mine was a bad firing pin and safety / decocker. Mine fired full auto when I was loading a round in the chamber with the safety on.

This is one reason I don't trust safeties or decockers.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    If the firing pin was stuck forward it would not be able to chamber a round. Sounds like a disconnector problem or a chipped sear or hammer. Surprise full auto wakes your ass up, don't it? Kinda like when your throttle sticks wide open on your motorcycle.

NDguido

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Nappnee, Indiana
    If the firing pin was stuck forward it would not be able to chamber a round. Sounds like a disconnector problem or a chipped sear or hammer. Surprise full auto wakes your ass up, don't it? Kinda like when your throttle sticks wide open on your motorcycle.

it was very much like that.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Years ago, had an old Star PD do that. Took it in for repair, turned out to be a busted sear. Fun for kicks for a few mags, but not really useful, and that was my BUG, so needed it to function properly.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Went to the range today. Fired 3 mags through my Interarms ppk/s .380 before switching to some different handguns. After a while, I went back to the ppk/s loaded a mag, fired one round fine. Pulled the trigger again and the gun fired a full auto burst of 5 rounds. It startled the crap out of me, but luckily I was able to keep it pointed down range.. I field stripped it when I got home, but saw nothing obvious.

Anybody ever have this problem with a ppk/s?

wow, yes! I posted a thread on here over a year ago about it. I purchased a used IA PPK took it home and cleaned it. When I de-cocked it after chamfering a round it tripped the firing pin and blew off the (4) rounds I loaded into the mag. Funny thing is I did not realize at first that all rounds were fired. It sounded and felt like only one round. That is how fast it fired off in full auto mode. Responses I got from Ingoers suggested the gun was monkey's with by someone previously. I suspect so. I took it back and got my money back. Like you I was startled. A gun that fires off in full auto Is not real safe and is illegal. But, if activated by the trigger....well, that would be only kinda a bad thing. But of course still illegal.

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    After reading all the posts in this thread does anyone know if this is a common PPK issue? I love the PPk/s and currently own one. It is one of (5) I have owned in the past few years. It is a like new Manhurin made ppk/s. Manhurin (France) actually made the "made in Germany" ppk/s that Interarms imported after Manhurin shipped the guns to Germany to be roll marked and packaged by Walther prior to exporting thru Interarms.. Aside from the Manhurin roll marks the gun is virtually the same gun they made for Walther. I have only shot one mag from it to test fire. All rounds were HP's and there was no issues and was very accurate.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    After reading all the posts in this thread does anyone know if this is a common PPK issue? I love the PPk/s and currently own one. It is one of (5) I have owned in the past few years. It is a like new Manhurin made ppk/s. Manhurin (France) actually made the "made in Germany" ppk/s that Interarms imported after Manhurin shipped the guns to Germany to be roll marked and packaged by Walther prior to exporting thru Interarms.. Aside from the Manhurin roll marks the gun is virtually the same gun they made for Walther. I have only shot one mag from it to test fire. All rounds were HP's and there was no issues and was very accurate.

We have one , Years ago I read that the PPK / PPK/s is built to such tight tolerances that you really have to be sure to keep it clean.. if dirt gets built up in the trigger bar / sear area you can have problems. Also make sure the loaded chamber indicator pin is clean & moves freely.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I had a Manhurin made PPK/S go full gonzo on me. The issue was too much brass build up but was only was affected when I used inexpensive mags from TripleK.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Had a ww II PP did this, still have a bullet lodged in my kitchen table. Mine was a bad firing pin and safety / decocker. Mine fired full auto when I was loading a round in the chamber with the safety on.

This is one reason I don't trust safeties or decockers.
    Lol. Holy crap! So, after you put your kitchen table "down", did you have to head to the bathroom to clean the undies? :):

Top Bottom