• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've shot both. Triggers are comparable with a slight edge to the Sig because reset is better. The grip felt much better on the Sig for me though. More natural and less bulky.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have dry fired my friend's 227 and own the FNX45 personally, the DA is very similar to me. My friend was all about getting the 227, but after he held the FNX he wants one of those now also. I agree with BehindBlueI's about the Sig feeling not as bulky as the FNX, but the FNX does hold 15rds vs. 10rds for the Sig. Both guns weigh the same with no mag. Not sure if this is helpful at all.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    The FNX triggers are not as nice, especially if the Sig has the SRT. But the FNX is not bad. The Sig is just better....Plus, the Sig DA trigger pull can be lightened by simply swapping the hammer spring with a Wolff 17 or 18 lb spring. It is a very simple swap if you have not looked into it.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    I hav both the Sig and the FNX. The FNX is the newest addition to the family. Sig does seem to have a little bit lighter pull...but for a heavy pull the FNX is glass smooth. no grit or creep in trigger. Mine is a new model and the trigger reset is pretty nice. the single action is more than a match for the sig. Mine is a slight pull to a "wall", press any harder and it goes bang everytime. and recoil in the FNX is, to me, 1/2 of the sig. it just shoots softer, recoils softer. It also has a lower bore axis than the sig which may also help, but the slide and barrel recoil together farther than most pistols before unlocking.....again sucks up the recoil. Heres my complaint. Weight. The sig holds 10 rounds. ok, better than a 1911....but the FNX holds 15...and weigh about the same loaded - Heavy. difference is made up in the polymer lower of the FNX versus the all steel sig. I enjoy both. I can carry both daily...but im a bigger guy. i can easily see a skinny 5'11" guy having trouble with this weighing down on him..its not meant for concealed carry...much like the MK23 it was intended as a Utility pistol (i hate the term battle pistol). It was meant to be used by Law enforcement and military alike. I believe they are sending a modified version of this pistol the to Military trials....since beretta was told to go home...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Of course, if you're just interested in the trigger you can have your Sig tuned by the Sig custom shop or Bruce Gray for less than the cost of another pistol and have a better trigger than either of them stock.

Mbomb3869

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Muncie
    I've shot the sig 227. I agree though, it's pretty much the same thing as the 226 other than the caliber difference. That being said it's just like any other sig.... Amazing. Cadillac recoil, smooth shooter. The one I shot was having some issues with the slide not locking open on an empty mag, although I believe hat was because my buddy was riding the slide release (easy to do)

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I've shot both and agree the 227 is a better fit for me. The FNX felt way too large in my hands from the backstrap to the forward grip. Not a big deal side to side but I did not care for the ergonomics of that pistol. You should actually be able to tell that just by picking one up and seeing how it fits in your hands.

Top Bottom