• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    With a suggested retail of $20, Elite Tactical Systems unveils a new transparent magazine for the Glock pistol.

Transparent Glock Magazines by ETS - The Firearm Blog

Elite-glock-mags-2-660x440.jpg

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Personally, I prefer the rabbit trail about Transparent Aluminum from Star Trek IV:

Not until Scotty comes up with Transparent Aluminum! "Hello, Computer!"

Transparent aluminum has been around forever - it's called sapphire, and is too brittle, not to mention too expensive.

Actually, pretty certain this has been done, and is being used in armored windows.

It's a crying shame when the kids don't know the classics.

Anyhoo, as to the mag itself....it's different and some people will buy it because they think it looks cool. Useful? Maybe in competition....maybe. Without the aforementioned clear grip, I doubt how useful it will be, but hey....as long as you have fun with it.

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Yuk! As others have stated why? You cant see the mag in the handle of the gun. Looks flimsy to me. Glock mags have steel in them.

Now a AR mag or something like that maybe I could see it as useful for range toy only. I do like my PMAG with the window in it. Then again I only have the one PMAG. I like stuff that has been around awhile and has a proven track record. Factory Glock parts only for me.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    In all of the pictures I have seen of this, there don't appear to be any metal feed lips on the mag. I have to wonder how long these would hold up...

Top Bottom