• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A few years ago, I got out of the 380 business and decided that I wouldn't carry less than 9mm.

Now, for some reason, I've been thinking about jumping back into 380 as a secondary carry. Just like the size and remember it was easy to shoot.

I am drawn to the Kimber Micro Carry and wanted to see what people's view and experience was of it. Also, any comparison to the Sig P238 or 938 would be appreciated.

Thanks...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I don't own a Micro (yet) but have had a P238 for several years. The 238 is my go-to for pocket carry and works well in that regard due to how thin it is. I've fondled a few Micros at gun shops and really like the feel of them. I think the biggest difference in the feel comes from the Micro's thicker grips. While those thicker grips feel better in my hand than my 238 does, for how I carry the 238, thin-ness is important. There are a few other things I like about the Kimber over the Sig. One is the fact that the trigger and MSH are aluminum on the Kimbers but plastic on the Sigs. I swapped my plastic Sig trigger out for a stainless one, but have not done so with the MSH.

In favor of the Sig is the fact that they come with night sights (mostly). Plus, in the years I've owned the Sig, I've never had a single issue with it. I've carried it until it was gunked up with pocket lint and took it to the range that way and it not only fired, but self cleaned while doing so.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Also, any comparison to the Sig P238 or 938 would be appreciated.

Just shot both the P238 and P938 this past weekend. Nearly identical in size and shooting although the 938 is a tad bit larger. If this is your backup then determine how/where you are carrying and decide if the slightly smaller 238 makes a difference in concealment/access. I really enjoy shooting the Sig and am always comfortable when I feel it on my hip.

Harley46982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    We have both the 238 and 938, The 238 is a great little gun and works well for ankle carry. The 938 however is my favorite. It is a bit bigger than a 238 but works well in the pocket or a hip holster. I use mine as a compact concealment when I just can't carry my GM. Recoil is a bit more than the 380s in my opinion but it has proven to be easier for me to find 9mm ammo at times than 380.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I'm late to the game on this thread but wanted to toss this in. I just found and bought a Micro Carry and my wife bought a P238 the same day. Well, of course we had to run home, clean them, grab the range bag, and head out to go test them!

I took along my Colt Mustang too and although it was pretty cold and neither of us wanted to spend a ton of time out in the wind, all performed perfectly. For comparison between the Micro and the 238 as the OP requested, I can't speak much for accuracy because all we were doing was running rounds through as quickly as we could for function checking. But I can say that both ran with no issues whatsoever and were, like the Mustang (and UNLIKE the LCP's we have), FUN to shoot! I did chew the center out of a target about 5" in diameter with the Micro while the wife was far less interested in making a group with her Sig so her target was all over the place, she freely noted that this was her and not the gun. The trigger on this Micro is a little heavier than the Sig but without a gauge, I don't know what the pull weights are. The Micro did lighten up a bit after shooting and a good cleaning/lubing and an hour of dry firing while watching TV.

If you are still looking for one or the other, I think it all comes down to which feels/looks better to you. All three shoot and operate with the same lack of failure (with only 100 rounds through the two new ones).

Top Bottom