• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    I need some opinions from you gents. I currently have a stormer shoulder holster by stoner and I'm not fond of it, especially when i sit down. I've looked at the miami classic with the snap closed mag carrier, but I would like something with wider shoulder straps, then i found the gould and goodrich. Do you all have any experience with both? Thanks in advance.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been looking at shoulder rigs as well. I hate to drop the coin on something that I don't know if I'd like or not. The Galco is supposed to be the beezkneez, but after watching their youtube videos, I don't know about that "clover plate" in the back. I think it would be uncomfortable against the car seat. I've never seen the G&G, but I'll be looking into it.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just looked at the G&G 804. Looks mechanically the same as the Miami. Priced very similar too. One thing I've found interesting in my research is the presence, or lack of, tie-downs. Again, I think it amounts to a lot of personal preference. I can't drop that kind of cash on a holster if there's the chance I'll hate it once I get it.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I have and use the MC II. It's my weekend morning /evening rig. Very comfortable. There are available tie
    downs from Galco plus a mini light holder.

Edit: purchased on ebay for about half price.

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I have a Miami Classic (purchased in '88) for use with my Colt 1911a1. I could not be happier with it and the way it fits.

I've worn it (with the pistol and two mags) for 8+ hours several times, with no discomfort. The "clover plate" goes unnoticed, even while seated in the car or truck.

That said, I would not purchase another one for a 1911 platform, as the current version is built for a hammer down carry. I carry my 1911a1 in condition 1, which my Miami Classic was designed for. I don't know when they changed it, but the thumb break of the current version does not allow for condition 1.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Have a couple Galco shoulder rigs. No issue with all-day comfort, and the 'cloverleaf plate' has never been an issue.

Not familiar with Gould & Goodrich rigs, but they appear to be a top notch company.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I've been looking at shoulder rigs as well. I hate to drop the coin on something that I don't know if I'd like or not. The Galco is supposed to be the beezkneez, but after watching their youtube videos, I don't know about that "clover plate" in the back. I think it would be uncomfortable against the car seat. I've never seen the G&G, but I'll be looking into it.
    As far as the "clover leaf", if adjusted correctly, it's between your shoulder blades, thus never touching the car seat to make you uncomfortable, unless of course, back fat comes into play and you don't have blades visible. As far as wider straps, look at the SSII strap system, it's way wider over the shoulders, and narrows at the holster attachment points. The MC, or Jackass rigs are the production standards everyone designs from. If you want real deal, Allessi!

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I've got the G&G B804 rig for the Glock 17/19. Very happy with the quality and the leather itself. Still nice and tight, no stitches pulled, no straps stretching after 2 years of use! I only use the tie down on the mag side, gun weight keeps the holster stable.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have a Miami Classic rigs. I love it and it is nice and comfortable and totally adjustable. If you change guns all you need is a new holster, the rest of it will work with the new piece unless you go from revolver to pistol or vice versa, then you will need a new ammo carrier too. The straps work with the other gear. I also have a Jack Ass rig but I don't think they make those anymore at Galco. I like it a lot better since the straps are wider but both are comfy inless you plan on keeping it on more than 12 hours or so. Then the Jack Ass wins hands down. You cannot go wrong with a Dalco shoulder rig. :yesway:

BTW, the plastic connector on the back of them isn't felt at all unless you press on it. Feels fine in a chair or the car. :)

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Some real helpful stuff in this thread folks. That's what I like about INGO.
    I have been wondering about a shoulder rig for winter carry of a full size 9mm. I think the Galco might be a good bet for a first timer.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I have a Miami Classic rigs. I love it and it is nice and comfortable and totally adjustable. If you change guns all you need is a new holster, the rest of it will work with the new piece unless you go from revolver to pistol or vice versa, then you will need a new ammo carrier too. The straps work with the other gear. I also have a Jack Ass rig but I don't think they make those anymore at Galco. I like it a lot better since the straps are wider but both are comfy inless you plan on keeping it on more than 12 hours or so. Then the Jack Ass wins hands down. You cannot go wrong with a Dalco shoulder rig. :yesway:

BTW, the plastic connector on the back of them isn't felt at all unless you press on it. Feels fine in a chair or the car. :)

:yesway:....GOT 1....had it fer yrs, an' it ain' Galco's 'design', per say.....they bought....the JackAss Leather Co.....which is where 'at rig come from.....

Some real helpful stuff in this thread folks. That's what I like about INGO.
    I have been wondering about a shoulder rig for winter carry of a full size 9mm. I think the Galco might be a good bet for a first timer.

:yesway:.....Ya won't look back.....along with a JackAss rig.....got 3 IWB Royal Guards.....1 fer G27......1 fer a G30/29......an' 1 fer Commander length /compact 1911.....a Para P10 rides in 'at 1.....

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I have a Bianchi X15 Medium, in good condition, that I would sell for $50 plus shipping. I used to carry a 1911 in it but it has been on the shelf for years.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Well...gonna stir the pot a little.

Just from my personal experiences, G&G makes a "better" holster than Galco.

But if it where me I would get a mernickle...about the same price and a very nice piece.

God bless
    -Shred

Steeltoe546

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Castleton
    Mernickle has some beautiful rigs, but I'm not fond of that mag position. Wish they had one with the mags pointed down and the flaps like a G&G or galco.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    What they show on the website doesnt look like the one I had...Mine was a horizontal draw...I dont recall if the mags where vertical or not....I do believe that they hand make each one so I doubt it would be a hassle to get them either way.

What the pictures dont show is the incredible true craftsmanship...I was blown away by the quality, fit, and finish when I got mine....only reason I dont still have it is because I sold the gun(a dumb mistake)....never squeaked and was infinitely adjustable.

God bless
    -Shred

Top Bottom