• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have had it awhile, almost never shoot it, and since they are not something special you can find them anywhere so I had thought about selling it.

Then I found out there is a .460 Rowland kit for a Glock 21 so now I might have to invest in one of those.

Anyone have a .460 Rowland Glock 21?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I love my new Glock 21 and am shooting it the most right now. My 1911 has been collecting dust and may get sold in favor of another Glock.

I saw that kit also and was wondering the same thing.:popcorn:

I bet it would be a dandy hog blaster. I wouldn't feel under armed with the stock 21 with some hard cast hand loads either as a back up to my long gun.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have had it awhile, almost never shoot it, and since they are not something special you can find them anywhere so I had thought about selling it.

It's a Glock! Perfect for long term storage, even underground. I wouldn't do anything with it. Since you don't shoot it much, perfect as a back up gun off your property.

Get a Pelican case, 4 G21 mags and 100 rounds of ammo, put it all in the case with your pistol. Hand the case to a buddy or relative with a safe (and who is not a prohibited person, of course) and tell them to hold on to it.

There is a Glock 21 in Pennsylvania with my brother in exactly that configuration as I type.:D

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I love my new Glock 21 and am shooting it the most right now. My 1911 has been collecting dust and may get sold in favor of another Glock.

I saw that kit also and was wondering the same thing.:popcorn:

I bet it would be a dandy hog blaster. I wouldn't feel under armed with the stock 21 with some hard cast hand loads either as a back up to my long gun.

Rut row...... The 1911 fan boyz will have fun with dis one. :popcorn:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It's a Glock! Perfect for long term storage, even underground. I wouldn't do anything with it. Since you don't shoot it much, perfect as a back up gun off your property.

Get a Pelican case, 4 G21 mags and 100 rounds of ammo, put it all in the case with your pistol. Hand the case to a buddy or relative with a safe (and who is not a prohibited person, of course) and tell them to hold on to it.

There is a Glock 21 in Pennsylvania with my brother in exactly that configuration as I type.:D

I bought the same setup from a guy in PA off gun broker the other day. What a coincidence :dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Get the PORTED 460 rowland conversion for it. Just swap the barrel and spring to shoot 45acp. I recommend against using 45acp in a 460 barrel as it's like using 40S&W in a 10mm.

It's a fast and easy barrel swap, 13+1 of 44 magnum level power in a somewhat light reasonably concealable handgun... What's not to love? Easy to load as well, standard 45acp dies do the trick.

The comp'd barrel is more hassle than its worth. I only have a 460 kit for one of my 1911s, it's a hotrod of a round.

Hoosier8

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Get the PORTED 460 rowland conversion for it. Just swap the barrel and spring to shoot 45acp. I recommend against using 45acp in a 460 barrel as it's like using 40S&W in a 10mm.

It's a fast and easy barrel swap, 13+1 of 44 magnum level power in a somewhat light reasonably concealable handgun... What's not to love? Easy to load as well, standard 45acp dies do the trick.

The comp'd barrel is more hassle than its worth. I only have a 460 kit for one of my 1911s, it's a hotrod of a round.

Isn't the ported barrel .460 made for California requirements? I have other 45's and didn't want to use my 80's Springfield 1911. Glocks are a dime a dozen so I don't feel bad about converting it. The compensator provides two things. Greater reduction in recoil and better noise and flash reduction.

Top Bottom