• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just got back from the range with my new Steyr M357-A1. In 357 Sig, of course. Also purchased a barrel for it in 40 SW. Takes about 10 seconds to swap the barrel and it shoots the cheaper and much easier to find 40 SW round. I plan to practice with 40 and carry 357. Both shoot to the same POI. I love the trapezoidal sights and the overall ergonomics. I shoot it more accurately than my CZ PO1, at least as accurately as my CZ 40B. Strangely, the recoil was heavier with the 40 SW than the 357 sig. The 357 Sig is an amazing round. Shooting Corbon ammo, it's getting velocities just a hair below 357 mag with the same length 4" barrel. That's with 124 grain bullets. 200 or so rounds through i, a mixture of 40 and 357, no malfunctions of any kind. Very pleased. I think it's going to be my new carry gun.

pix102950972.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Excellent purchase!

Do you happen to know if your gun is one of the more recent production / imports or if it's one of the older ones?

Being in .357 Sig leads me to believe it's of an older generation; as I don't think they were made/imported in very high quantities.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Excellent purchase!

Do you happen to know if your gun is one of the more recent production / imports or if it's one of the older ones?

Being in .357 Sig leads me to believe it's of an older generation; as I don't think they were made/imported in very high quantities.

I'm not sure how to tell officially, but I think it's very new. The reason I say so, is that it's got the roll pin below the rear sights and it's got the L series type magazine release. I can't find a serial number decoder for the m series.

Edit: Just found it: Sep of 2013

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm not sure how to tell officially, but I think it's very new. The reason I say so, is that it's got the roll pin below the rear sights and it's got the L series type magazine release. I can't find a serial number decoder for the m series.

Edit: Just found it: Sep of 2013

Roger that!

I didn't know they'd continued making .357 Sig barrels for those since they never were a good seller.

Congrats again!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'm surprised 357 Sig isn't much more popular, especially after shooting it and finding the recoil so manageable. While there's lots of controversy over the whole 9mm vs 45 ACP, no one that I've heard disputes that the most proven stopper is the 357 mag with 125 grain bullets. To get that same capability out of a semi-auto with twice the capacity and half the recoil is amazing. Very pleased with the round and the gun.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    I think the 357Sig would be about perfect for backcountry (wolves, pigs, etc, just not bear country) stuff. For the most part though, I don't know if it offers enough advantage over .40 to make me want to hunt down the ammo (and pay for it!)

Very cool gun, thanks for posting

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I think the 357Sig would be about perfect for backcountry (wolves, pigs, etc, just not bear country) stuff. For the most part though, I don't know if it offers enough advantage over .40 to make me want to hunt down the ammo (and pay for it!)

Very cool gun, thanks for posting

Cost of ammo is the only beef I ever had with .357 sig. Otherwise, it's badass. My wife is a fan too.

That's why I bought the second barrel in 40. Doubt I'll shoot much 357 in it, unless I find some cheap. I'll just shoot enough to ensure reliability. The rest of the time I'll shoot it with the 40 SW barrel. Shoot 40, carry 357.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a 239, 229, USPc and Glock 27(33 barrel of course) all in 357 Sig. I don't think $25 a box for 50rds is expensive especially when clowns are paying almost a $1 a round for m855/ss109:n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom