• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Just recieved my new CCP in the stainless like the pistol but the reassemble is a nightmare to me. I have a PK380 so using a tool is no problem but when you have spring pressure and line up the exhaust piston and bring down the slide it is a problem. If anyone out there has one and could give me tips on how to make this easy would be great. Don't plan on giving it away to make it easy ether. Haven't shot it yet but did the first clean-up on it.

Sonney

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    This is my update. My CCP runs very well it is tricky to take it down and put it back together but after a few times it get easier. The S/N is in the 8000 or so I have shot others in different number higher and lower with the same results not problems. Easy to rack recoil is a little less. People have to understand this is not a range gun this is to carry. At the range you shoot a lot and that is ok but due to the blow back system it will get warm or hot as some say. If I thought that I needed it I would buy another with no problem. The best way to clean this weapon is with carb. cleaner and a air compressor now this is on the slide. Just wipe off the bottom half with hopp cleaner and lube lightly. Remember do not lube the piston or the tube. Everyone has their view and this is just mine. If I had too I would carry this to a gun fight. I will use another to go to the range. This is not to say don't take it for a shake down do this get use to the pistol and I think you will like it too.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw a lady trying to return a CCP handgun to a local gun store after only one day... unfired! Said it was too tricky to disassemble/reassemble.

I also worked a couple NRA shows and the triggers on the demo guns at last year's Nashville NRAAM were horrid. Maybe they needed a drop of oil but it sure made me not rush to buy one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I also worked a couple NRA shows and the triggers on the demo guns at last year's Nashville NRAAM were horrid. Maybe they needed a drop of oil but it sure made me not rush to buy one.

Agreed. Just held one for the first time over this past weekend. If you have weak upper body strength, the slide is SUPER easy to rack, and the ergonomics of the gun are very, very good! But that trigger... OY.

I watched a Hickok45 video reviewing the CCP, and reassembly does look very tricky. And the trigger on the one I squeezed was too gritty and heavy to make it worth the trouble, IMHO. Which is unfortunate... everything else about the gun is nice. It's too bad something more along the lines of the PPQ trigger couldn't have been used.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    When I had one, I found that a small flat head screw driver works better as a take down tool than the plastic thingy they give you.
    I had a lot of FTF's, wouldn't go all the way into battery, and all kinds of issues with mine. Probably had 500-750 rounds through it too.
    Didn't get any better after break in.
    I hope you have better luck.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    You will feel the trigger a lot more when using it at the range and trying to be accurate. Use the gun like you are in battle and you don't feel the trigger. It has a long pull one of the safety factors of this weapon. Try to pull the trigger like you were shooting at someone.

Sonney

JACKD7

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 12, 2012
    Westfield
    Just recieved my new CCP in the stainless like the pistol but the reassemble is a nightmare to me. I have a PK380 so using a tool is no problem but when you have spring pressure and line up the exhaust piston and bring down the slide it is a problem. If anyone out there has one and could give me tips on how to make this easy would be great. Don't plan on giving it away to make it easy ether. Haven't shot it yet but did the first clean-up on it.

Sonney
    I got one for my wife. Cleaned it like you did then traded it for a PPQ. Never looked back.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Well since I posted this thread I have got very efficient on cleaning and putting it back together. It is not a problem anymore. In fact I recommend this pistol to a couple of friends and showed them how to take it down and put it back together. They also like this weapon. I also thought I need a new pistol and got the PPQ45 and it is a great shooter.

Top Bottom