• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Okay, I don't NEED a new one but....what does anyone think about these two as
    1. Just another range toy?
    2. For carry, (concealed or open)?

I can probably find the S&W to rent but not the Canik for trying them out. Do you know?
    I also have been toying with trying out Parabellum's evening events and none of what I have fits the bill. I will probably never be a die hard competitor.

Please don't bash to hard. I've been home sick this week..waaa2

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Smith & Wesson. I will be buying a S&W M&P Compact .40 next week. I have one other S&W, and it has ran perfect for more than three years now...lots of rounds through it. Good luck on your decision. :)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The Canik TP9 may have the best trigger on any striker fired gun I've ever fired... It is right there with the HK P7 as the only thing I can think of as close... I mean there is the "brand name" you get with the S&W but for the money you cannot beat the Canik. I shot the Canik side by side with a S&W M&P 9 Pro. And while obviously the M&P is a nicer gun, it costs around double the money, so it should be nicer.

I mean I would happily shoot a Canik all day, and I think it's great for someone new to shooting to learn with. Also, if I needed a gun to throw in a truck and leave or something like that a Canik would be perfect because of the price point. And it really does surprise you when you shoot it! I don't want to make your decision for you, but you should most certainly consider shooting one/buying one, it's pleasantly nice.

hawkns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2015
    Elkhart County
    I have been considering both as well, not for carry, but for the range. I am heavily leaning toward the S&W because of the after-market support. I am a tinkerer, and will enjoy learning more about the gun by taking it apart and installing new trigger sets for example.

Maybe I'll end up with both soon anyway, who knows!

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    I second the Canik TP9SA. I love the gun and it a real sweet treat to shoot that gun. I love it so much the my old favorite is now sitting in the safe more and more... oh that one is a Glock 19 with an excellent modified trigger on it and aftermarket sights. The soft kick of the TP9SA, the super accurate shots and the awesome trigger are all the "little" things that make this a great, no, AWESOME gun. The fact that it comes with an 18 round magazine with a 20 round easily converted, it becomes a real industry leader in stopping power. I easily feel that the gun is worth twice what they are selling for. If you come up to Fort Wayne area you are welcome to try mine out--just bring some ammo! By the way I have had no FTF or FTE or anything that would make me doubt the reliability of the gun- and that is with close to 700 rounds of every type of 9mm I have down the pipe. Be sure to shoot it before you rule it out!

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Sounds like all the replies are what I expected.
    Basically, S&W for the brand name but Canik is not to be overlooked for the trigger and the price.... Does anyone know if one of the ranges in Indy have a Canik TP9SA to rent? I've been utilizing PB since BGF is still down.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    One other thing that found out about the Canik. The warranty is only for the original owner and cannot be transferred. So I guess it does not make sense to buy used even if I could find a used one.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Sounds like all the replies are what I expected.
    Basically, S&W for the brand name but Canik is not to be overlooked for the trigger and the price.... Does anyone know if one of the ranges in Indy have a Canik TP9SA to rent? I've been utilizing PB since BGF is still down.

I'll be in Indy for work in a week or two. If you are really interested I will be happy to bring my gun down with me and let you shoot a little bit of gun perfection. I am not familiar with Indy at all, so I am not sure were it would be good to shoot though....

Just PM me and maybe we can arrange something....

Top Bottom