• ...and so much more!
  • MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    Good Day,
    Been looking a lot at the Ruger SR9c as a potential second pistol. As I have large hands the double stacks are much more comfortable. I'm also a fan of the FNH family due to my first pistol being an FNX-9. I see that FN is offering the FNS-9 as a compact version. Review the spec's on the two pistols shows them to be very close in size. I would have liked to find a comparison review of both pistols but have yet to locate it on the www.
    Does anyone have first hand knowledge of both guns that they would like to share with the rest of us?
    Thanks for taking time to read this and we all look forward to the feedback.
    MrBlue

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have yet to handle a FNS-9 compact, but I have shot the FNS-9 and a SR9c and they are both great guns. I'd locate a FNS-9 compact if you can and see whichever fits your hand the best, then that's the one I would buy.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Do you plan on carrying it?

If you plan on carrying it, I'd choose that which is most similar to your other carry gun.

If just a range toy - I rarely ever read anything bad about either pistol.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I have shot the SR9c and have handled the FNS9 Compact. The FN does feel a little chunkier, probably closer to a M&P9c. Both have good triggers, but the FN felt a heavier, maybe 6.5 pounds.

The FN comes with 3 mags but is a little more expensive. You can't deny their quality and durability though.

I would hold and dry fire both of you can. I don't know where you are, but Blythes in Griffith has both.

Don't let the Ruger haters disuade you, they have great triggers, accurate, and shoot very smooth.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The Ruger SR9c is my EDC. I've never handled or shot the FNS9 compact. I'll try to stop by Plainfield Shooting Supply this weekend and see if they have one. I've been curious about it, anyway.

mikew773

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Kokomo
    I recently purchased the SR9c. I really like the trigger but the trigger reset seems to be a little longer than I'm used to. I'm sure it won't be a problem once I train with it, but it isn't ideal. I've had quite a few guns and never had a similar problem with any of them. Other than the reset, I love the gun. I'm willing to spend the time training with it to overcome its (or my) trigger reset problem. I have fairly poor eyes but don't have any problems with these sights. It seems to be a very accurate gun and easy to handle. I also like the safety and loaded chamber indicator, which people either seem to love or hate.

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    The Ruger SR9c is my EDC and I absolutly love it. Never shot a FN but I like it better then other ones I have shot. It ust seems to really fit my hads realy nice and I have big hands. The contour of the grip is really nice with the back strap for me.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Neither of those would be high on my list. Take a good hard look at the smith and wesson m&p 9c. Or potentially a used glock. Simply from the perspective that smith and glock will have a substantially better aftermarket support in the form of holsters, sights, triggers, and other accessories. Not to mention smith and glock have better armorer support if something were to ever go wrong.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Neither of those would be high on my list. Take a good hard look at the smith and wesson m&p 9c. Or potentially a used glock. Simply from the perspective that smith and glock will have a substantially better aftermarket support in the form of holsters, sights, triggers, and other accessories. Not to mention smith and glock have better armorer support if something were to ever go wrong.

Just FYI, there are plenty of holsters for the SR9c. Plenty of IWB/concealment options, and some options for OWB leather and kydex holsters. Accessories are pretty standard for the Ruger SR series. I can't speak to armorer support, because I haven't needed it, but Ruger's customer support is fantastic.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Not to mention smith and glock have better armorer support if something were to ever go wrong

Ruger customer service is excellent, why would you not use it ? send it to an armorer? lol, why?

also, many aftermarket items are around for the SR series, with many more likely to come.

Top Bottom