The new Glock 43 single stack 9mm size comparison to other guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    In semi-continuation of this thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/377377-glock-43-finally.html

For those of you who are curious about this new offering by Glock and want to have a visual to compare it to other guns you are familiar with, own, or have shot... here you go:

cTC1lv6.jpg

A lot bigger than my CM9, which surprised me. It looked similar in size from photos but I never was bothered to measure my CM9 or compare specs.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I don't know if saving .1" in thickness is enough for me to drop my G26 and move to a G43. Maybe for some...but not for me.

I would loose magazine compatibility with my G19's (my reload mags), I would loose 4 rounds of capacity even with flush fit mags, I would loose holster compatibility with my G19's, and I would loose some accessory compatibility also. Although I do admit the accessory compatibility would probably be short term.

And the 3 most important accessories on my G26 are...XS 24/7 sights, grip force adapter (I love their short/smooth beavertail adapter), and my GAP floor plates (for one handed type 3 malfunction clearing). My accessories need to serve a purpose, but if they are not available on my new carry gun, then it would not be setup properly for me to carry...ie...the new gun would not work yet for my purposes.

I also prefer the "carry trigger" in my Glocks...ie...minus "-" connector with a stiffer "NY1" trigger spring. Would the connector and trigger spring from the standard 9mm series work in this thinner framed G43? If not, this is also a turn off for me.

If they would have come out with something the exact same size or even smaller than the G42...then maybe. But that was probably never going to happen. With such a small difference in size from a G26 to the G43, I don't see the justification in the increased cost and headache of the logistical support.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I don't know if saving .1" in thickness is enough for me to drop my G26 and move to a G43. Maybe for some...but not for me.

I would loose magazine compatibility with my G19's (my reload mags), I would loose 4 rounds of capacity even with flush fit mags, I would loose holster compatibility with my G19's, and I would loose some accessory compatibility also. Although I do admit the accessory compatibility would probably be short term.

And the 3 most important accessories on my G26 are...XS 24/7 sights, grip force adapter (I love their short/smooth beavertail adapter), and my GAP floor plates (for one handed type 3 malfunction clearing). My accessories need to serve a purpose, but if they are not available on my new carry gun, then it would not be setup properly for me to carry...ie...the new gun would not work yet for my purposes.

I also prefer the "carry trigger" in my Glocks...ie...minus "-" connector with a stiffer "NY1" trigger spring. Would the connector and trigger spring from the standard 9mm series work in this thinner framed G43? If not, this is also a turn off for me.

If they would have come out with something the exact same size or even smaller than the G42...then maybe. But that was probably never going to happen. With such a small difference in size from a G26 to the G43, I don't see the justification in the increased cost and headache of the logistical support.
    I reality, it is hard to really know until you get one on your hands. What seems like a minimal difference in size could equal a HUGE difference in feel.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am pleasantly surprised as to how well it stacks up next to a shield, the grip length appears to almost be the exact same! I can get my whole hand on a shield so I am hoping this holds true for the 43. If so I will be buying one!!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I envision a heavier that usual (for a Glock) trigger pull and in the end a lot of Hoopla about what is seldom described at spectacular. If it's virtually the same size as the Shield what's the big advantage? I hope the 42 was released first to work out the bugs on the redesign and the 43 runs like a Glock should right out of the box... Time will tell.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I envision a heavier that usual (for a Glock) trigger pull and in the end a lot of Hoopla about what is seldom described at spectacular. If it's virtually the same size as the Shield what's the big advantage? I hope the 42 was released first to work out the bugs on the redesign and the 43 runs like a Glock should right out of the box... Time will tell.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

Likely no advantage, if you already have a shield you already have the same thing +1 more round. It's something new and different, nothing wrong with a little variety.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'm surprised that they didn't design the 42 to be compatible with 9mm so that when the 43 was introduced it would be same physical dimensions. Other than that I will seriously look at one for pocket/ankle carry. But I will stick with the 19 for carry.

Top Bottom