• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    I have an HK P7M8 and love it. I am now looking for a P7M13 and am having a hard time finding one. Does anyone know of one for sale in Indiana either at a gun shop or in a private sale? If so, I would appreciate any help.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh boy... Good luck with that one!

I'd love to handle / fire a P7M13! As it is, I've only fired (briefly owned!) a standard P7.

I can't remember consciously seeing one - even the lowly P7s are quite rare.

Good luck on your search - and be prepared to drop $1500+...

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't you have to squeeze this pistol to cock it?

Yep. "Squeeze cocker". Ingenious (and overly complicated) design!

Saved a gun shop owner's life here in Indy several years ago, actually. Mope thug robber couldn't figure out how to grip/shoot it as he was aiming at the guy. Owner was able to retrieve a stashed gun when he was pushed/trapped in the restroom and was able to...save himself.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    Yes, they are ridiculously expensive like most things HK. I can hand my P7M8 to just about anyone and once they get used to the light trigger, they typically produce the best groups they have ever shot with a pistol. Also, they are totally different than most any other pistol in their design and I like that aspect as well. Here is a picture of my P7M8 with and without after-market Nill wood grips. It needs a big brother to hang out with. :cool:

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Good luck!

The only ones I see have been on Gunbroker, and they are asking more than I can afford.

I bought a couple of the Saxony police P7 imports back around 2008. I traded one for some now forgettable revolver, kept the other. Wish I had kept them both.........

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I saw a P7M13 hard chromed long slide at the Indy1500. I think the guy wanted $3800 or something crazy for it.
    Cool gun though. It's the only one I've ever seen.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I saw a P7M13 hard chromed long slide at the Indy1500. I think the guy wanted $3800 or something crazy for it.
    Cool gun though. It's the only one I've ever seen.

He's had that for awhile, he's like a lot of dealers that just like to display their stuff but probably don't want to realistically sell it.

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    They're out there, just have to be patient. I was thinking of selling all of mine but the way the prices are I would be a fool to do it.

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    To those that aren't familiar, these are truly exceptional guns. My father has carried a P7M8 for about 15 years now. You do have to squeeze the grip to fire it, but once squeezed, it takes very little to keep it squeezed. After the 3rd magazine, most people won't even notice that it seems odd, just that they are hitting everything they aim at. The squeeze grip is also the slide lock lever. They handle fast, have an excellent trigger and are super reliable. They will even run with a broken extractor. The only downside is that they get hot during extended firing. The earlier guns are worse, as some of the later models have a heat shield added, that while helpful, doesn't get rid of the problem entirely. The M13s are much more rare, and sadly for the OP, significantly more expensive. To anyone that hasn't shot one, if you come across one, make sure you get a chance with it, they are really spectacular guns.

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    Yes I did - actually from a fellow INGOer. Although I wear a size large glove, it feels too big/blocky for my hand. It came with wood grips which are thicker than the originals but even after putting the originals on I still prefer my P7M8. However, it looks good in the collection so no plans on selling.

Top Bottom