• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kelly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2015
    indianapolis
    i bought a ruger p90 a few months back and id like to do some upgrades on it. just curious if anyone has any specific recommendations to do to it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey my 2 cents is you've got a fine rugged work horse, the ruger P series is not sexy in any way except that if you leave it alone it will eat about any ammo, run dirty or clean, It is not a tweakers gun so there isn't' much in the way of after market stuff.

Spend your upgrade money on ammo and training,

but besides some good black on black sights I would leave it alone.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    Hey my 2 cents is you've got a fine rugged work horse, the ruger P series is not sexy in any way except that if you leave it alone it will eat about any ammo, run dirty or clean, It is not a tweakers gun so there isn't' much in the way of after market stuff.

Spend your upgrade money on ammo and training,

but besides some good black on black sights I would leave it alone.

Ditto

Ditto.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ok the top 3 upgrades to a p series ruger
    1) hogue grips (awesome! i have a set on my p-85)
    2) sights
    3) ????? i dont think anything else was made for them

now your real problem, they dont make the p series anymore(and havent in years except the p-95) so finding aftermarket stuff is kind like bigfoot, i want to believe, but i've never seen any!, and nobody will make any new items.

good gun, love my p85, i'll never get rid of it, but because of the size and weight, i dont carry it anymore

shoot it, you'll love it!

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    If you plan on carrying it, one of the best aftermarket upgrades I've seen is a good back brace. Just kidding, it's a great pistol

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Not many upgrades available as far as I know.

Spend that money on ammo. They'll shoot anything all day long.:twocents:

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Maybe a magazine loader and a good holster. I know they are not upgrades, but they are needed.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If you plan on carrying it, one of the best aftermarket upgrades I've seen is a good back brace. Just kidding, it's a great pistol
    they aren't a great carry pistol weight wise but they are dependable as heck. Holsters can still be found too. I USED to carry mine before lighter pistols came around.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i have a galco paddle holster for a sig p226 that fits my p85,and a glock19,and a sig220,and a xd45 so i think it'd fit a p90, if i were the op, id take my gun to a shop and start there, cause like i said, they dont make things for the p series anymore

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I like ruger and also like the p90, shoot great and reliable. I think they are underrated but with the current plastic gun craze it isn't surprising. I'd leave it alone and just shoot it.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I used to shoot my room mates P90 every range trip. I was very surprised at its accuracy. Recoil was very soft. Very different recoil than my 1911. The P90 was a gentle slow push as to my 1911s tight fast push.

If I found one I would use it as a beater or a 45 Super platform.

CallSign Snafu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 3, 2015
    Indy
    Ruger P series guns are always good and dependable. I love my P89. The gun itself isn't really a gun to go mod crazy with. Sportsmansguide sells hogue grips for Ruger P-series for $15 I believe.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have a P90DC SS and like it just the way it is...bought it new and it's never failed to shoot straight or eat ammo. It's a good gun, go with it. Buy a good holster and be happy!

Erich

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    High Desert of New Mexico
    Mine's been ridden pretty hard - it's amazingly reliable and accurate (Mas refers to these as the AK-47 of .45s, but that doesn't do sufficient credit to Irv Stone's work with the barrels) and everyone who shoots it declares s/he wants one.

That said, I found adding the Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's stocks made it feel thinner and thus a little better in the paw. They're only slightly thinner than the factory originals, but everyone seems to agree they're an improvement. You will have to look around a bit to find them (used is fine) as they're no longer made.

17apr100220001yyy.jpg
    17apr100230001yyy.jpg

Top Bottom