• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    I fired a friends KelTec PMR-30 over the weekend and I think the gun is a blast. It was so damn light with such a minimal recoil and the rounds just kept coming.

My issue now is trying to find one in the area, I think I must have called every gun store and the only one or two that had it marked it up about $100 over what it should go for.

Does anyone have any opinions on the gun or ideas of where to look that I may have missed?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i bought mine two years ago, and i paid 100.00 over msrp, and ive seen them at gun shows for 600 to 1000 bucks, if one or two have them at 100 over msrp, and you want one, i'd buy one of those, cause NOBODY sells them at a normal markup!, its supply and demand small supply and a huge demand!

now for the good, the bad and the ugly

good-light, no recoil, one upping everybody else on the shooting line, fits glock holsters.

the bad-only select ammo will feed reliably(the best luck i've had was with maxi mags and hornady varmit/critical defense)not that it matters, cause the only ammo harder to find than 22lr, is 22 wmr, dont load more than 25 in the mag(yes i know it says 30, but 25 feed better)

the ugly- finding one, paying over msrp!, 35 dollar spare mags, makes your face hurt(from the big cheese eating grin when you shoot it!)

the only rifle i'm looking for right now is the cmr30, and if you think the pmr 30 is expensive, look on gunbroker for a cmr30 (i saw one sell for 1800.00)

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Thanks for the rundown on the gun.

I did see that about bradis, If i had shot the gun a few days earlier I may have been able to pounce on that. Until then im just gonna have to call and wait.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I'd be happy to sell you one or two at $200 over msrp. $100 over msrp is not bad if u really want one. The best way to get one is to pre order one from your LGS.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Not as light but a lot more power, easier ammo access and possibly a bigger grin factor is a RI 22TCM.. I was working with a fairly new shooter and her dad yesterday and turned them both on to the TCM for a few shots.. Neither could wipe the grin off their faces for the rest of the session. At least in my world, NOTHING beats making a kid grin.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

dagibson1507

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    Muncie, IN
    One thing to keep in mind is that kel tec no longer honors their lifetime warranty for second hand purchasers. So unless you buy from a dealer all repairs are on you.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Im calling in to bradis pretty often, but i dont think they do preorders on that one. I think I asked the first day. Just gotta get lucky I guess. Give me some more time to find ammo for it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    One thing to keep in mind is that kel tec no longer honors their lifetime warranty for second hand purchasers. So unless you buy from a dealer all repairs are on you.

i didnt mention it in my post, but my front sight insert fell out the last time i took it out, i called keltec and told them and they didnt even ask if i was the original purchaser or not, they just sent me a new one(sight, not just the insert) the bummer was it took 2 weeks to get it.

ive had two issues with my pmr30
    1) the front sight was way off, i called them and they sent me the allen wrench, free of charge
    2) the front sight insert fell out, they sent that to me free too

most flippers dont register the warranty so kel tec wont know if the gun is new, used, or flipped, (i sent in a gsg 5 back for repair, the lady at ati told me that the warranty was for 2 year to the original purchaser, i gave her the serial# and she told me that the warranty had never been activated, so i went online and activated it, so now i have two years, from last october, a year after i bought it used from a pawn shop)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Check with CDNN (link below). My brother in law called them a couple days ago and they still had some in stock (he didn't say how much).
    CDNN SPORTS - FIREARMS HANDGUNS

they've had that banner link for a couple of weeks, and ive come to one of 4 ideas about those

1) they're out and havent updated their site.
    2) they have a lot of pull with keltec and get more than any other distributor in the world.
    3) they are sky high!
    4) they have bigfoot working in a factory on the moon making them at a rate of about 100 per hour!

i tend to believe its #3

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Ya, I am going to have to go with number 3 as well. Very few places wont just jack them up. It makes sense, since they can get the asking price most of the time.

I'm not desperate so ill just keep calling in and bothering the gun shops till they get one in. wish me luck

JT1968

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Aurora
    Point Blank just had a grand opening at their Florence, KY store. They were selling black ones for $369.99, all the other colors were $399.00. They had a bunch of them. You might wanna check the Carmel store when it opens...

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    i bought mine two years ago, and i paid 100.00 over msrp, and ive seen them at gun shows for 600 to 1000 bucks, if one or two have them at 100 over msrp, and you want one, i'd buy one of those, cause NOBODY sells them at a normal markup!, its supply and demand small supply and a huge demand!

now for the good, the bad and the ugly

good-light, no recoil, one upping everybody else on the shooting line, fits glock holsters.

the bad-only select ammo will feed reliably(the best luck i've had was with maxi mags and hornady varmit/critical defense)not that it matters, cause the only ammo harder to find than 22lr, is 22 wmr, dont load more than 25 in the mag(yes i know it says 30, but 25 feed better)

the ugly- finding one, paying over msrp!, 35 dollar spare mags, makes your face hurt(from the big cheese eating grin when you shoot it!)

the only rifle i'm looking for right now is the cmr30, and if you think the pmr 30 is expensive, look on gunbroker for a cmr30 (i saw one sell for 1800.00)

I have been waiting since 2009 for the Kel-tec CMR-30 rifle (original RMR-30) to be released with MSRP of $630.00 and to see one go for $1800.00 is insane. The price of .22WMR is also crazy or to find it in stock. To rich for this poor guy to own or shoot.

Top Bottom