• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I shot one when I was about 12...Fast forward to my late 40's and I picked up one of the New Model Bearcats and found it was an "always" gun...As in when I am going to the farm for a weekend of shooting no matter what it "always" went with me...Since then I have picked up two of the OM Bearcats with the alloy frame and now find myself wanting another one...And another...And another.....

Next on the list I think will be one of the new models in stainless with the adjustable sights.....They just seem like the perfect "kit gun"....

Lipseys-Exclusive-Ruger-Bearcat-22LR-Revolver-600x330.jpg

Anyone else love these cute little angels????/

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I always thought they were cool, but I couldn't justify one over a single six (or 9, or 10 now). That, and I've got big hands that would have trouble with anything the like a decent grip.

I would have loved to have had one as a kid, though.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I have the single six that I grew up shooting. In fact I, just last month, cleaned it all the way for the first time after decades of plinking. I'm sure some day I'll pick up a bearcat though.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've had both the single six and the bearcat. A lot of quality plinking time and fond memories for sure.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    You know, this has got me thinking. A .22 revolver would be a nice addition for some fun range time. I have a couple semi's but a revolver might just fill a niche.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I have two Bearcats; and old model I got a year ago cheap and a new model that was my son's 7th birthday present (he is 24 now). They are nice plinking guns. I like the smaller size, but my hands are not huge. They are also nice for cowboy side matches.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    The Bearcat "shopkeeper" model with the birdshead grip and shortened barrel is pretty sweet -- don't own one, but have handled it and love it. Just need the money!

I have a 1961 3 screw Single Six that is probably the most accurate handgun I own.

Rhinestone Pete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    My first gun when I was about twelve was my dad's Ruger Bearcat. Pretty much a safe queen now and still have the receipt when he bought it in 1961 for $32.61! Fortunately it's still in good shape since I shot the heck out of it at that age. When ammo was 50 cents a box. Never had the heart to send it in for the "recall" either, all original, and one day when my girls are old enough they'll get the chance to learn to shoot with it too.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    They're a bit small for my hands but I have had one for a long while, convertible between 22LR and 22Mag.

I think they are great backpack guns and even something for a bug out bag. Afterall they can be used to hunt and if needed to aquire a marger firearm if needed whle remaining small and light with ammo that is also small and light so you can carry a fair but of it if needed. They are nice first guns too if I had a kid.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    They're a bit small for my hands but I have had one for a long while, convertible between 22LR and 22Mag..

Weren't those only made for a couple years then pulled by Ruger? I would love to have a convertible Bearcat but no mas. I did recently pick up an SP-101 in .22 that should be fun.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have had a Bearcat since I was 9 when my dad gave it to me for Christmas (I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago). It is my son's now, and will go on down the line. It was my woods gun growing up, snake shot in the first few chambers and stingers in the others. It nailed a snake or two in its day, copperheads were common in the Corydon and Georgetown area where relatives were. My cousins and I traipsed our summers away in the woods, hunting arrowheads, plinking, building forts, all that fun stuff kids don't do anymore.

Top Bottom