• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    My new CZ SP01 Shadow Custom has been having the occasional fail to fire. It has happened only on the first round loaded from a magazine, and almost all of those from when I used the slide release to load a round rather than when I pulled and released the slide manually. It happened today three times with some American Eagle ammo, but it operated flawlessly with a box of Blazer. My Shadow Custom has a light trigger - a bit over 3.5lbs, so I know that could be a general issue. Any thoughts about this? I'm not sure of the cause, when I look at the round that failed, I can't see an indent at all on the primer. Also, do you know of a list out there that tells you which ammo has harder or softer primers? I love the pistol and it's really more of a range gun than a protection gun, on the other hand I'd like it to be reliable for either.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    If there are no marks on the primer, I wonder if the slide was just ever so slightly out of battery. Pulling and releasing the slide gave enough spring pressure and slide momentum to get the slide fully in battery...maybe?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Update: I just came back from Gunsite. Before I went, I converted the pistol referenced above to SAO and put in a Cajun Gun Works extended firing pin and 13lb hammer spring. I shot it before I went to Gunsite with no problems. At Gunsite, I began experiencing fails to fire again. Swapped it out with a CZ 75 Shadow that I had rigged in exactly the same way. Not a single hiccup of any kind for four days and a 1000 rounds. What could be causing a fail to fire AFTER the firing pin was replaced with an extended that Cajun claims should ignite "any primer on the planet?" Thoughts?

Top Bottom