• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Hello INGO, brief history, I am on my fourth Taurus handgun in 5 years. I started off with the PT709 in 2010 and it has been my EDC up until about 3 weeks ago when I traded it in on a USED PT111 G2. It is basically a double stack version of the PT709. I loved my little 709, it never gave me a bit of trouble and was so easy to conceal. I just pondered the idea of a higher capacity 9MM EDC and when I seen this PT111 G2 USED I made the trade. I hated getting rid of the 709 but ....its gone.

In the last few years I had also bought a Taurus Judge and a PT1911. I wanted something different at the time and traded in the Judge but it wasnt due to any trouble or not liking the firearm. I would love to have another one someday.

My PT1911 is a range only gun and it too has been great but its only seen somewhere over 1,000 rounds through it... BUT I do shoot aluminum, steel, and the cheapest brass I can find through it...no reloads just because I don't reload. One of my mags is even a Rural King Pro Mag and it functions 100%. Love the thing...

So anyway, on my fourth Taurus now (again purchased used), and I just got the horns messing with the bull...or did I ???

I have put roughly 250 rounds through my new (to me) PT111 G2 and have only had a few magazines not experience failure to feed issues...usually 1 or 2 from EVERY magazine (using both factory magazines, same results.

I have shot Federal and Remington FMJ brass through it as well as 1 100 round box of Remington UMC hollow points with the same results.

The round always hangs on the feed ramp when it fails and a light tap on the back of the slide gets it fully into battery. It has never had a failure to eject, any jams, or any mis-fires. Accuracy seems to be more than acceptable but I have concentrated more on seeing if this will make my new EDC.

The feed ramp looks great and I have cleaned and oiled it like I do my others.

Now, one thing I notice is the slide seems to be too easy to pull back out of battery for the first 1/2" or so, so I'm thinking a weak recoil assembly...BUT....

I got on Taurus' website and they have a live chat feature now (at least I dont think they used to) and I contacted a Taurus rep within about 10 minutes. I explained everything like I did above and they emailed me a FED-EX 2nd day air with insurance label on their dime. Now, again I bought this firearm used and checked the manufacture date which was in 2013. I was pretty sure I would have to pay shipping to them but nope, Ive already got the FED-EX label in my email inbox. I did tell them that I just bought it, that it was new to me, and I did register it through Taurus the day after I brought it home...maybe that helped.

So, after my fourth Taurus in 5 years I may have got the horns, lol..... nah, we'll see. As long as it comes back in a decent time frame and it functions 100%, I'll be a happy camper and will still be a Taurus customer if the need arises in the future.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::)::yesway::yesway::yesway:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    It will be interesting to hear the "time frame" for the full repair. I've owned three Taurus firearms and all three had to make the trip back to the mother-ship, and all three took six months or more to return. In fact, the last of the three never returned at all... They simply offered me a replacement gun since they did not have the parts on hand to fix the issue.

Keep us updated.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    It will be interesting to hear the "time frame" for the full repair. I've owned three Taurus firearms and all three had to make the trip back to the mother-ship, and all three took six months or more to return. In fact, the last of the three never returned at all... They simply offered me a replacement gun since they did not have the parts on hand to fix the issue.

Keep us updated.

I have owned 4 Taurus firearms and had to ship back a .40 Millennium due to a broken magazine catch that would drop the mag out on full speed mag dumps. BRAND NEW gun was back in my hand in 5 business days. I had an excellent experience with their warranty and custome service.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Seem to be inconsistent in their service though, I even asked for a shipping label just last week to send a gun back and they said they don't ever pay for shipping to them and that if I want to buy one from them it would be $50...
    The chat feature was helpful though, because I couldn't get anyone to answer when I called on the phone.
    A rocky first-taurus experience so far, hopefully they can resolve is as well as they have for you OP. Waiting on the gun to come back atm.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have had good luck with Taurus Customer Service. Over the last 25 years I have had to send back 2 guns for repairs. The first was a new gun I had just purchased, they paid for the shipping. The second was a 15 year old gun that I had to pay shipping. Turnaround was less than 7 days both times.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Yah guys. I haven't dropped this off at Fed Ex yet. I'm hoping to do it tomorrow but by Saturday for sure. Will definitely keep this thread updated for anyone interested.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    You'll be wasting your time dropping it off to Taurus. Probably weeks, maybe months of time. Don't. Do. It.

I had a PT1911 start doing the failure to feed issue after 5.5-6k rounds...and it cost me I think $15 shipped to acquire a replacement recoil spring. It took me longer to take it out of the package than to fix the problem once it arrived. Sorry, but I don't remember where I ordered it from.

Since replacement, it has never failed to feed again.

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I sent a gun to Taurus a couple of years ago to be refinished and they had it for about 2 weeks.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    You can track your RMA number on their website, so you'll know when they get it, check it in, and send it out.
    My taurus return was received the 2nd (even though it arrived the week before according to tracking) and their repair status shows NOTHING for mine, not even received. Only reason I know they got it was becaause they sent out an email. Not knocking their service, just dunno why they offer a repair status on their site and don't use it.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    UPDATE: received the PT 111 G2 back today....I dropped it off on 4-3...could've just ordered a recoil assembly but I kind of wanted to test the system. It didn't cost me a dime even being a used firearm. Rumor has it Taurus picks up the tab in the first 90 days...I dunno...one thing I will say, their online repair status is pretty slow. Mine still shows firearm arrived, waiting for repair, lol.
    Slide recoil feels much better so I'll consider it fixed. I'll hit the club within a day or 2. If I have any issues, I'll post and continue the Taurus saga, but that customer service was pretty good if ya ask me....hope this runs like my little 709 did and I'll be a happy camper with the extra capacity. This G2 is pretty slim for a double stack 9. It needs to be back with me.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    Just another reason to trust warranties from a reputable company. It's nice to know that such a large company like Taurus will still have good sevice!

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    OK, I will put in my 2 cents about Taurus customer service. I have three Taurus products, and have only had a
    minor problem with one. I had sent them a letter about my problem, and received a call from them tonight.
    They listened to me, they were very polite, and they are sending me a new magazine free of charge. I have had
    more expensive firearms, and have not been treated anywhere near as nice.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Ok. Well I guess I will be the next to test Taurus' customer service/warranty. Came home today instead of going to PB on my half day off and got out my fav pocket pistol, the TCP since I had not practiced with it for a while. The first two mags went great and I was shooting better than usual with 5 of 6 off the first mag on the spot. Then I had FTE's on the 3rd mag and thought it was just me. Upon further inspection I found that the extractor has broken and possibly bent the loaded chamber indicator. ARRHG my summer carry is down and out!!!
    I will fill out Taurus' online form next and send the TCP to them. I have contacted my LGS so that he knows that it will be coming to him on the return so that I can pick it up.
    Am I missing anything here?? I have not had to do this before and don't want to screw up.

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Ok. Well I guess I will be the next to test Taurus' customer service/warranty. Came home today instead of going to PB on my half day off and got out my fav pocket pistol, the TCP since I had not practiced with it for a while. The first two mags went great and I was shooting better than usual with 5 of 6 off the first mag on the spot. Then I had FTE's on the 3rd mag and thought it was just me. Upon further inspection I found that the extractor has broken and possibly bent the loaded chamber indicator. ARRHG my summer carry is down and out!!!
    I will fill out Taurus' online form next and send the TCP to them. I have contacted my LGS so that he knows that it will be coming to him on the return so that I can pick it up.
    Am I missing anything here?? I have not had to do this before and don't want to screw up.

Sounds like you have it covered. Include a detailed note that explains what is wrong even if it's obvious...pictures might help too. I've read some stories where Taurus gunsmith must have been blind, sending the firearm back without fixing the obvious. Good luck!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just sent my 24/7 to Taurus on their dime. Received an email confirmation of receipt. Was told 4-6 weeks.

Last time, I sent my 709 on their dime. Had it back fully repaired in a month. Still running smooth and accurate. I like Taurus.

Top Bottom