Anyone with a G19 Gen 4 I could test fire?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Is there anyone with one I could try out? Perhaps even alongside a Gen 3?

I'd like to have a personal shoot off with one alongside my M&P (fanboyism aside) to honestly see which one I can shoot and run better with. I tend to run the smaller back strap grip on my M&P, and would like to see how a no-back strap "small" gen 4 handles as well. No plans on ever getting rid of any of my M&Ps but with the desire to one day become an instructor I want a degree of proficiency with both platforms, so a G19 will most likely be appearing in my personal line-up here in the near future.

I'm a member at Marion County Fish & Game (out just past Speedway on Crawfordsville Rd), if anyone here with the piece(s) in question is also a member or would be willing to meet me there at least (I will even pay your guest fee). Of course I'll bring my own ammo (no reloads) and you'd be welcome to put some rounds through any of my M&Ps if you'd like to try any of them out for yourself. I have an M&P 9mm full size and 45 compact (both with Apex triggers) and a 9mm Shield (stock trigger, perfect as is). Also just a good opportunity to meet some new likeminded folks and put some faces to usernames. I wouldn't mind getting a small group together even.

Please PM me to exchange contact info and to make plans,

Thank you INGO!

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm in Carmel. So far I've contacted Indy Trading Post and Parabellum. Both 35-40 minutes away, and neither of them have the gen 4 G19 to rent (only gen 3s). I'm not even considering Don's Guns.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm in Carmel. So far I've contacted Indy Trading Post and Parabellum. Both 35-40 minutes away, and neither of them have the gen 4 G19 to rent (only gen 3s). I'm not even considering Don's Guns.

Don't have a Gen 4 G19 but wondered if you tried reaching out to Tim's in Westfield. Last time I was in there, they had a pretty good stock of rentals. Good Luck. I'm sure a good INGO'er will come along and lend you a hand.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I live in Fishers and work in Carmel. I'd be happy to let you try out my Gen 4 G19.

I usually go to Indy Trading Post, but I'd be glad to arrange to meet at MCF&G sometime as your guest.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I"m working at Parabellum at least 3 days a week. If you want to PM me for my schedule possibly we can figure a day and time to do it. I'll need to know ahead of time so I can bring the 19 with me that day.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I am a member at MCF&G and also have a Gen 4 G19. Depending on schedules, I might be able meet out there sometime.

I do not have a gen 3 to compare, although I've been thinking about getting one to use as a dedicated suppressor host. So if anyone has a lead on a good deal for a used gen 3 G19, I'm all ears.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I second a couple of these guys about getting your hands on a RTF2... It's a must try.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thank you all for the offers! I got a chance to meet up with Mr. MCgrease08 yesterday at MCFG who was nice enough to lend me some trigger time with his 19 gen 4, but also supplied some of the ammo. Though it was a mutual test fire with him putting my Shield through it's paces while I put his 19 through it's paces alongside my M&P 9 full size. Overall I liked the 19, was more accurate with it than I thought. Hands down I like the gen 4's no back strap "small" grip size better than the gen 3. The larger magazine release is a big plus as well.

M&P definitely points more naturally in a relaxed stance, but whenever I'm aggressively driving my gun I notice a tendency to want to drive my upper two knuckles out further (much like I'd be throwing a punch), thus having to consciously fight this when driving my M&P or prior XD's in order to keep my front sight from dropping. That said, I'm beginning to see the wisdom behind the Glock grip angle. There was indeed a bit less felt recoil with the 19 and I was back on target a touch quicker for follow up shots.

No real complaints about the Glock trigger, except by the end of our session I had developed a distinctive case of "Glock finger" (as I'm calling it). The Glock trigger has a distinctive pointed edge to it, and kind of bites your finger a bit after several shots (even worse with cold fingers). If I could change two things about the Glock, it would be for a flatter, smoother trigger face and better sights, but other than that I was happy with it, and definitely plan to bring one on board with both my M&Ps as one of my go-to carry pieces.

Kudos to MCgrease08 for driving down to meet me! It's always nice to put a face to a username.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Thank you all for the offers! I got a chance to meet up with Mr. MCgrease08 yesterday at MCFG who was nice enough to lend me some trigger time with his 19 gen 4, but also supplied some of the ammo. Though it was a mutual test fire with him putting my Shield through it's paces while I put his 19 through it's paces alongside my M&P 9 full size. Overall I liked the 19, was more accurate with it than I thought. Hands down I like the gen 4's no back strap "small" grip size better than the gen 3. The larger magazine release is a big plus as well.

M&P definitely points more naturally in a relaxed stance, but whenever I'm aggressively driving my gun I notice a tendency to want to drive my upper two knuckles out further (much like I'd be throwing a punch), thus having to consciously fight this when driving my M&P or prior XD's in order to keep my front sight from dropping. That said, I'm beginning to see the wisdom behind the Glock grip angle. There was indeed a bit less felt recoil with the 19 and I was back on target a touch quicker for follow up shots.

No real complaints about the Glock trigger, except by the end of our session I had developed a distinctive case of "Glock finger" (as I'm calling it). The Glock trigger has a distinctive pointed edge to it, and kind of bites your finger a bit after several shots (even worse with cold fingers). If I could change two things about the Glock, it would be for a flatter, smoother trigger face and better sights, but other than that I was happy with it, and definitely plan to bring one on board with both my M&Ps as one of my go-to carry pieces.

Kudos to MCgrease08 for driving down to meet me! It's always nice to put a face to a username.

FYI everyone swaps the serrated G19 trigger for the smooth G17 trigger, problem solved.

Stock Glock sights are only installed to hold you over until you order aftermarket ones...

Check out the (-) minus and (.) Connectors for a somewhat better trigger pull.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    FYI everyone swaps the serrated G19 trigger for the smooth G17 trigger, problem solved.

Stock Glock sights are only installed to hold you over until you order aftermarket ones...

Check out the (-) minus and (.) Connectors for a somewhat better trigger pull.

Sorry but swapping the trigger for a smooth one will not solve the problem. Safety bar in the middle of the trigger is about 3/32" wide and always protrudes out of the trigger, that is where the problem lies. I can, and do solve all of the problems mentioned on a regular basis. If you are interested PM me or I'm at Parabellum a few days every week.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I thought he was complaining about the serrations on the trigger and not the safety itself. Yes the M+P's safety sits more flush and is smoother, have used/ran both guns it makes zero difference.

Top Bottom