• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Went shooting today, with some family members....Glock owners all....I like the 19, and want a 26 so bad I can taste it......what's happening to me?
    I love John Browning....I love John Browning......I love John Browning..........

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    You can show love for Gaston as well as JMB, it's not a sin.. There's a reason Glock sells more 19s than any other model they make.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Jeff....never happen...although I do like the Bears....weird for a Packers fan I know, and my new-to-me ranger is kinda Vikings purple.....

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    No complaints (so far) about the Glocks. Shoot well, carry well, virtually zero maintenance.

The Springfield XD was almost a choice when the first Glock was purchased. But the 'blade' type grip safety simply didn't work for my grip. The 'blade' of the safety fell right into the 'hollow' of my hand between the thumb and index finger, prohibiting the safety from fully disengaging, this preventing firing the trigger. Obviously, a complication that could be fatal in an actual combat scenario.

So, went with the Glock. No regrets so far.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    The G19 or the G26 would make an excellent choice.
    The Glock 19 is the "do it all" gun!
    Tough to beat

It's ok. I have a couple Glocks and a 1911... Just trying not to let the 1911's outnumber the Glocks :cool:

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    G19 Has been my edc since '06 when I upgraded from a Makarov. During this course I have grown to really trust it with more than 5k through it without a single hiccup, would be more but there was a period I was shooting due to income. I tried to carry a g30 for a bit and liked it but went back to g19. So comfortable, Accurate, lightweight, easy to carry, many holsters available, great ammo capacity, eas of function, so on.

I Like the g19 so much that I have two now. I like the g26 with pierce grip extension and will eventually get one but the higher capacity of g19 makes me feel better.

Can't go wrong either way.

rosefarm10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Milford
    I love and have owned several Glocks. People do bad mouth them but quite possibly the most reliable gun on the planet! Tried several models but couldn't find the fit until I picked up a P30 HK. They come with a wonderful combination of grips that can be added to both or one side only. As my dominant hand's wrist is fused, I am able to configure the best combination to come up centered on a draw. The gun guys really do have something for everyone?!

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I actually had an XD9 and really liked it, but wanted a more concealable gun. Traded for two guns, and got down to my P11. I like the long double action of it, but I had more hits shooting the steel with the 26 today, than I did shooting a comparable number on my p11. It's going to be awhile before I could get a Glock, my Keltec has been carried ALOT, trade-in would be poop, and the finance dept (spousal unit) would need to approve........

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Sitting typing this now in comfy sweats with a Glock 19 and spare mags in a shoulder holster I'm wearing. Never leave home without it!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Sitting typing this now in comfy sweats with a Glock 19 and spare mags in a shoulder holster I'm wearing. Never leave home without it!
    'Thanks' for that visual!

aa684ff2392b4c80959f85a18f316e65.gif

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I hated Glocks from the start, swore I would never own one, one day I held a RTF2 G19, 4k later I will never go back! They are perfect in every way, perfect size, mag capacity, reliable, etc...

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I love both the 19 and the 26, so I understand... You can like both too you know!

Top Bottom