Well. ANOTHER Remington handgun. Let's hope....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I'm not impressed by pocket .380 autos to begin with and I'm even less impressed with Remington right now...

Here's hoping they can turn this ship around.

Did you hear that little quip about the re release of the R51? Do you think they'll finally get it right?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope this one works for them. I don't recall hearing an estimated price mentioned. I'm not in the market for another pocket sized .380, but I hope they see success with this. Remington needs to put the R51 fiasco in their past and the only way they can do that is to build better guns.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Remington went all out on this one didn't they? Thing looks like a Sccy copy.

So, what are the odds that this one won't work and who's taking bets?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    MSRP $417? Even with a street price in the mid $300's, they've got to be deluding themselves...

Absolutely nothing distinctive about this pocket .380. At least the R51 had the odd looks and unique function (or non-function as it turned out) going for it.

They'd need to sell this (at a loss) for $200 to get some traction in the market.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Seems to me that Remington is ok with their abysmal position in market share.

Rifle? Savage or Ruger
    Shotgun? Mossberg
    1911? Springer or Colt

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Have Jeff's braids gotten longer?

as far as the gun, I would like to see Remington just toss the R51, say their sorry and come out with an R1 officers size.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Here is a different review with a torture test of the RM380. They ran 200 rounds through it before the gun got too hot to continue. They did have one dud that they blamed on the primer, not the gun.

[video=youtube_share;vgGiPZJW78o]http://youtu.be/vgGiPZJW78o[/video]

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Wow, that actually really does resemble the Rohrbaugh - I looked at several photos and the frames and slides look very close. Biggest difference is the mag release being in the American position over the euro on the Rohrbaugh and a slide stop on the Remington.

RM380_Profile_Left-300x222.jpg
    th

alabama1-390x292.jpg
    th

Yep, that is VERY similar.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Wow, that actually really does resemble the Rohrbaugh - I looked at several photos and the frames and slides look very close. Biggest difference is the mag release being in the American position over the euro on the Rohrbaugh and a slide stop on the Remington.

RM380_Profile_Left-300x222.jpg
    th

alabama1-390x292.jpg
    th

Yep, that is VERY similar.

Looks nothing alike. One has a big "R" on the grip and the other doesn't. I'll stick with my Ruger P3AT.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Haha, in reading just now I see that Remington now owns Rohrbaugh. It would seem this is why they purchased them so I wonder if a new 9mm will be coming soon too? Seems the people on the Rohrbaugh forum have been waiting to see what Remington was going to do with them, so this really is a firearm based completely of the Rohrbaugh design. Makes the $300 street price seem like a bargain compared to the R380 prices of $1200.

Now to see how good or bad they run day to day. I think Rohrbaugh had a good enough design that maybe this little guy has become more interesting. Take off the big R grips and get some sexy carbon fiber ones like the Rohrs did maybe we are then talking.... I will still let someone else try them out for a good long while though!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom