• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Had the privilege of shooting the new Glock 43, yesterday (April 6,) with the Glock LE Rep. for Indiana , KY, and OH. He had just received it from Glock and had not fired it.

We ran about 250 rounds through it--a variety of Win. WB FMJ 115 gr., Fed. 115 gr FMJ, American Eagle 115 gr. FMJ, and assorted hollow points of various sources and ages, some old and tarnished.

We shot is two handed, one handed, rotated 90 degrees, almost upside down, intentionally limp wristed, and so on. Ran perfectly!

The Glock 43 is Gen 4 but comes with two magazines--one is flat based and the other extended for the pinky finger (seven rounds.)

Exceedingly accurate--ragged hole groups--but recoil, as expected, was a bit sharp, because the gun is small and light.

It is next on my list to buy!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    One of the students in my class yesterday had a new 42 and after warming up with the SR-22 shot her 42 for the first time. It stovepiped first shot and after I explained that she needed to be sure of a firm grip and good stance she never had another problem with it. The are very mild (recoil) but I've been called into the range at least 4 times with complaints about a 42 jamming. Good news is that it has always been a case of operator error but laws of science dictate that as a pistol gets smaller timing becomes more critical and so does the operator's abilities. IMHO the best small 380 on the market but something that takes some practice to run flawlessly. Great small pistol, yes, the next Glock 17, I doubt it.

SORRY Misread the title as Glock 42... Nevermind :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The extended was 7rnds? I was under the impression it was extended but you didn't gain any capacity...

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The Glock rep was in my office a week and a half ago and at that time said he had not seen it yet. My typical timing, although I am on the list at Kielsers and hope to have it next week.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good to hear. I'm interested in comparing to the 26 & 19, to see if it is worthwhile to add one to the stable.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    One of the students in my class yesterday had a new 42 and after warming up with the SR-22 shot her 42 for the first time. It stovepiped first shot and after I explained that she needed to be sure of a firm grip and good stance she never had another problem with it. The are very mild (recoil) but I've been called into the range at least 4 times with complaints about a 42 jamming. Good news is that it has always been a case of operator error but laws of science dictate that as a pistol gets smaller timing becomes more critical and so does the operator's abilities. IMHO the best small 380 on the market but something that takes some practice to run flawlessly. Great small pistol, yes, the next Glock 17, I doubt it.

SORRY Misread the title as Glock 42... Nevermind :)

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

my sister in law call me the other day because her 42 was having same issue, I took her to the range to make sure it was no other reason and just like you I knew that the grip was the issue and not the gun or ammo. I do like the G42 due to how soft the recoil and I see that if fills the deep concealment role for me.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good to hear. I'm interested in comparing to the 26 & 19, to see if it is worthwhile to add one to the stable.

I'm looking forward to shoot one but at this time I'm hanging on to my G26 as in my case I don't see the real advantage of the single stack over the G26, A good belt and an a good inside the waist holster did the trick for me in order to carry the G26 in a very comfortable way and even with a 12 rdn mag is a dream to carry.

GlockRyan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I'm really interested in shooting one. I just hope the trigger is better than the G42. It is really difficult to beat the shield for the money though...

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Hopefully they are readily available when the Indy1500 comes around again at the end of May.
    I'll probably buy one...

Does it take standard sights or G42 type sights?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm looking forward to shoot one but at this time I'm hanging on to my G26 as in my case I don't see the real advantage of the single stack over the G26, A good belt and an a good inside the waist holster did the trick for me in order to carry the G26 in a very comfortable way and even with a 12 rdn mag is a dream to carry.

Yep, same here. A good hybrid IWB (in my case, Galco King Tuk), and belt (in my case Daltech Force Bio Belt) and the 26 and even a 19 are easy to carry. The idea of buying new holster, new mags, new night sights, etc is not something I'm going to jump into very easily.

I'm really interested in shooting one. I just hope the trigger is better than the G42. It is really difficult to beat the shield for the money though...

I hope the trigger is identical to every other Glock trigger (19, 26, 23, etc) personally. That's the main reason I'd choose a 43 over other very small guns.

mark f

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2013
    hebron
    I have an LC9 is it about the same size. I'm a lefty so I want another glock instead of LC9 for BU to my G23.

Top Bottom