• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I didn't see any for the G19 on the Magpul site. The 17 would work but I don't care for the mag to hang out. Heck of a good deal on the 17's though!

I read that the Pmag's aren't in any way reinforced ?

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    IMO,

Magpul is filling a problem that doesn't exists, until they can prove to me they are better than glock factory mags, I'll pass. I've been burned before on not buying factory mags, sure they were half price but only half worked reliably.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    IMO,

Magpul is filling a problem that doesn't exists, until they can prove to me they are better than glock factory mags, I'll pass. I've been burned before on not buying factory mags, sure they were half price but only half worked reliably.

Magpul has a reputation for making outstanding magazines. They've built a company on it.

Offering an alternative (that doesn't suck) to Glock mags at 25% savings gives them yet another revenue stream. If they are as good as the PMAGs they'll be very successful. :yesway:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Magpul has a reputation for making outstanding magazines. They've built a company on it.

Offering an alternative (that doesn't suck) to Glock mags at 25% savings gives them yet another revenue stream. If they are as good as the PMAGs they'll be very successful. :yesway:

Agreed with both, for edc I will run OEM Glock mags, for IPDA/range/screwing around I will happily run MOE.

The PMAG has proven itself, I have no reason to not have coincidence in MOE Glock mags.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Agreed with both, for edc I will run OEM Glock mags, for IPDA/range/screwing around I will happily run MOE.

The PMAG has proven itself, I have no reason to not have coincidence in MOE Glock mags.

Agreed, Magpul is probably the only non OEM I'd consider for Glock mags, especially given Glock OEM mags are generally some of the most inexpensive OEM mags. I'll probably buy a couple to test out and go from there. More competition is usually not a bad thing. That said, I can't see Glock OEM mags really getting any cheaper because of it as Glock's main market is LE and I don't see the LE market straying from Glock OEM mags.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Just got this email from Midway today. Btw, got my two mags today.

Dear %%FIRSTNAME%%,
    Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal and we pride ourselves on providing you with quality products at great prices. Unfortunately, Magpul Industries has discovered an issue with their Glock 17 PMag (GL9) which you recently purchased from us. Here are the details from Magpul:

[TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]After initial release of the Glock 17 PMag (GL9) a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]In short order we found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]So this is what we are going to do about it.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geometry should be available by May 4th 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]Since you purchased your magazines from MidwayUSA, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines (1 for 1) ordered will be shipped to you automatically.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quickly as we possibly can.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 644"]As noted above, no direct action is needed from you as the replacement magazine bodies will be shipped as soon as possible.
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    Sincerely,
    Customer Service
    MidwayUSA
    Sorry about all the extra text crap, copy and paste from hotmail stuff

Not a Pmag fanboy, I own none. I ordered these for cheap range mags. Didn't they have issues with the first release of Pmags?

I was going to try them out tomorrow at the local range in my G17 and Just Right Carbine..... Maybe I'll wait. ;)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    This is from their FB

OK we screwed up.

After initial release of the Glock 17 PMag (GL9) a few days ago we started seeing random issues of failure to feed with the new magazine in other Glock models primarily the Glock 19 and 26. Of all the challenges of building a Glock magazine with single new composite, issues like drop free, impact strength and feed lip retention were foremost on our mind. The failure to feed came as a bit of a surprise to us and we immediately headed out to the range to investigate.

In short order found the problem. Without getting into technical details, some small, but critical geometry changes did not make it into the initial production molds. We should have caught this but no failures showed up on our factory guns during live fire testing and flaws in our internal processes of checks/balances did not flag the oversight as it should.

So as I said before, we screwed up and here is what we are going to do about it.

Molds are being updated with the correct geometry as we speak and a replacement magazine body with the correct geomentry should be available by May 4th 2015. These will be date coded 5/15 and later and will replace any magazine bodies in service of earlier manufacture. Just use your existing spring, follower, and floor plate with the new body.

-If you purchased your magazines direct from Magpul, Brownells or Midway, you do not need to do anything, replacement magazine bodies for the magazines (1 for 1) ordered will be shipped to you automatically.

-If your purchased your magazines from a gun store, replacements will be sent out to the store in question for you to pick up.

-If neither of the above works for you then Magpul customer service will handle the replacement directly.
    In short, we are updating ALL of the affected magazines released as quick as we possibly can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/CEO -Magpul Industries Corp

Top Bottom