• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I found a guy selling a used Glock 26 with four mags that was missing a front sight on Armslist yesterday. The pictures were a little hard to see, but I figured hey, for $375 it's worth a short drive. An hour and a half later I'm meeting the guy, he opens up the case and starts extolling the virtues of the gun. I look down and see this on each of the four mags:

I look at him and say, "This is too funny, those are my initials. And that's my reduction and stippling job on the grip. I know the gun is good to go."

Two years since I've sold the gun, one of the few I really regretted letting go; it must have been meant to be! Now all I need to do is find a front sight! If anyone has an extra one lying around that they want to sell, let me know! :rockwoot:

Gratuitous pic of the grip:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    I thought your story was going in a different direction. I thought you were going to tell us you found a gun that had been stolen from you previously... but I'm glad it turned out this way. Cool story.

And I think I do have an extra standard Glock front sight. I'll check when I get home.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I thought your story was going in a different direction. I thought you were going to tell us you found a gun that had been stolen from you previously... but I'm glad it turned out this way. Cool story.

And I think I do have an extra standard Glock front sight. I'll check when I get home.

That was my initial reaction, as well.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I had a similar experience not long ago. I was at a gun show about 75 miles from home and came across a Makarov I used to own. Yes, it was tempting to buy but I passed.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Are all the sights about the same? I have the factory sights from my G19 laying around. You're welcome to them..... if I can find them.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    It is a small world isn't it. I had that happen to me with a Remington 870 that I sold, and wished I hadn't then one day was in Indiana Gun Club and saw it on the wall for sale. I knew it was my old one by a mark that I accidently put on it. I bought it for $50 less than I sold it for.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    How will you ever amass an arsenal if you sell guns? :dunno:

So, the important question is, did you come out ahead, or did you sell it for less than you bought it for?

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How will you ever amass an arsenal if you sell guns? :dunno:

So, the important question is, did you come out ahead, or did you sell it for less than you bought it for?

If memory serves, I traded it at a value of $600 for a Springfield Loaded. So yeah, definitely a player deal for this guy :D

Thanks to you guys who have offered sights, if you find them shoot me a PM, its much appreciated. People helping people; that's what I love about INGO.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Heartfelt thanks go out to all you guys that offered your old stock sights, USMC-Johnson even offered to ship me one. Calcot7 is in my area and is hooking a brother up tomorrow. Thanks again gents!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom