Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    When I started posting about CZs on here a few years ago it was very rare to find anyone that owned one. Now it seems like they are all over the place. So, my question is, when did you succumb to the Czickness? What made you buy one? How many and which ones do you have now?

:koolaid:

I am curious how you first became curious/interested and what convinced you to buy one?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I'll play! When I was researching my very first handgun, I somehow ran across a glowing review of the P-01. After already deciding my first gun would be a revolver, the more I read about the P-01, the more intrigued I became. Not to mention, every single review I found was outstanding.

It took forever to find one, and when I finally did, it was at Gander Mtn. So yep, I overpaid for it, but they had it, I wanted it, and GM hate aside, I've owned this pistol longer than any other I have in my stash. There have been times I have been tempted to trade it or sell it to finance the next newest thing that catches my eye, but a range trip quickly puts this to rest. I don't think I'll ever part with it. It fits my hand like a warm lump of clay, and if I do my part, I rarely miss what I'm aiming at. Love the construction, the way everything fits together, the smoothness and low-bore axis of the in-frame slide, and dang is it accurate.

Being a "stainless" guy, my only complaint is that it's not offered (that I could ever find) in a matte stainless finish. And it would have been really cool to run across one with the NSN on the slide.

I'll be shooting it again this weekend!

I have had other CZ's as well, namely the P-07 in 9mm and .40. Just my personal opinion, but I think CZ's shine brightest in a 9mm configuration, and as good as their polymers are (outstanding actually), my preference is for a CZ in all metal. I'm somewhat on the lookout for a matte silver 75B.

Last edited:

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    When I started posting about CZs on here a few years ago it was very rare to find anyone that owned one. Now it seems like they are all over the place. So, my question is, when did you succumb to the Czickness? What made you buy one? How many and which ones do you have now?

I am curious how you first became curious/interested and what convinced you to buy one?

You're responsible for mine! I'd been looking at getting one for a while, and the 85b you had in the classifieds caught my attention at just the right time.

I had heard nothing but got things about the natural pointability, accuracy, and economics. After shooting it, I'd have to agree with all of them, with a caveat. The 85 does not fit my large hands all that well. Actually, it does, but the beavertail bites the web of my hands pretty badly. After dry firing several times, and running 50 rounds through it or so, I had a nice raw spot. All that being said, I shot it very well, and definitely plan on keeping it. I forsee some steel matches in its future.

I have no doubt if not for my gorilla hands, I'd have zero complaints about it as a single action handgun. It being my first ever DA/SA, I'm not a fan of the stiff DA pull. Maybe some Cajun Gun Works goodies are in its future.

Long story short, I'd heard nothing but good about CZ's, and now that I own one, I see why.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.

BA, You did this to me and I am now a CZpsyko, just part of the club!! :hehe:

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I used to have a CZ-40P. Was my first handgun.

I also used to have a satin nickel 75B. 9mm.

And I used to have a CZ-452 Varmint.

USED to being the operative word in those sentences. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    BA, I must admit that it's your fault. I've NEVER been the one to go with the grain, and CZ was perfect for me. It's not as popular as the Glock and it's something I can pass to my son and know it can continue down the line. Who wants to put a plastic gun in their will? Not to say that someone can't, but I place my CZs right up there with my 1911 and my father's 30-30. Now, stop talking about it before you turn everybody! :draw:

I currently have the SP01 and P06. I will get the 97B and that will be it for me. :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, I must admit that it's your fault. I've NEVER been the one to go with the grain, and CZ was perfect for me. It's not as popular as the Glock and it's something I can pass to my son and know it can continue down the line. Who wants to put a plastic gun in their will? Not to say that someone can't, but I place my CZs right up there with my 1911 and my father's 30-30. Now, stop talking about it before you turn everybody! :draw:
    How do you like that new P06?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I actually got hit by the CZickness a few years before I joined INGO. It started when I read a Guns and Ammo article about the wonder 9 wars in the 80s and the little known, highly desired but mostly unobtainable CZ75. It got me interested enough to seek out a CZ 75B and I bought one a few months later from Bradis. I shot it a few times and liked it but at the time I was big into Sigs and tacticool goofy stuff and didn't realize what I had at the time and traded the pistol off. A few years later I found INGO and started seeing posts about CZs pop up here and there and my dormant CZickness was reawakened. The rest is history as they say.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I actually got hit by the CZickness a few years before I joined INGO. It started when I read a Guns and Ammo article about the wonder 9 wars in the 80s and the little known, highly desired but mostly unobtainable CZ75. It got me interested enough to seek out a CZ 75B and I bought one a few months later from Bradis. I shot it a few times and liked it but at the time I was big into Sigs and tacticool goofy stuff and didn't realize what I had at the time and traded the pistol off. A few years later I found INGO and started seeing posts about CZs pop up here and there and my dormant CZickness was reawakened. The rest is history as they say.

I met this retired Master chief at an LT-6 shoot..........

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I bought a p07 a few weeks ago and shot it for the first time and fell in love....I bought a p09 on Tuesday this week....thinking about a p01, but I'm not an all metal pistol kind of guy...and I own a sphinx...which is just a Swiss CZ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom