Wilson Combat CQB, where to buy / advice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks to BJenkins, INGO & ongoing 1911 thread I am now obsessed with needing (well, want) a Wilson Combat CQB.

Tried search & came up empty, questions:
    1) Advice on where to buy?
    2) Anything I need to know before buying?
    3) Any INGOers have one & if so opinions?
    4) Other recommendations?

BJenkins, you & Churchmouse are making me poor with all this 1911 talk, dadgummit!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Bite the Bullet in Seymour is a Wilson Master Dealer. They can order you a new CQB. Pricing is easy on new Wilson's. They sell for MSRP. Mark and Loren are stocking dealers so they get new Wilsons in from time to time. Mark keeps guns on order and can put your name on one, even make some order changes.

Used might be a better deal. They frequently get lightly used Wilson's traded in. People buy them and they sit in the safe because the gun is too nice to beat up. After a while I suppose they get tired of looking at it and trade it in. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Wilsons are meant to run! Buy it, shoot it, carry it. Nothing looks better then a used finish on a working gun.

I have been tempted to pull the trigger on a couple of used Wilsons at the shop. Some day I will when I don't think the wife will castrate me. Honestly right now the plastic striker fired market is soft and I have been buying Glocks and PPQs. But one day I will turn my attention to what is important.

Not sure what to tell you to look for. Any CQB will be fine. The Elite models should be fit a bit better. You want a 100% BulletProof gun. If I were to order one new I would go for the black rear sight and gold bead front. I prefer a short trigger. Magwell is nice for the range but I would roundbutt a carry gun. If ordering I would go with a naked slide, no lettering.

Edit: You can come up an shoot mine if you want.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do not pay MSRP for a Wilson, that's just crazy talk. Indiana Gun Club usually has a good selection but so so prices. I haven't been to Elmores in awhile but I rarely see a Wilson there if I have ever seen a new one? If you don't mind shipping, PM me and I know where some are for decent prices.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Thanks to BJenkins, INGO & ongoing 1911 thread I am now obsessed with needing (well, want) a Wilson Combat CQB.

Tried search & came up empty, questions:
    1) Advice on where to buy?
    2) Anything I need to know before buying?
    3) Any INGOers have one & if so opinions?
    4) Other recommendations?

BJenkins, you & Churchmouse are making me poor with all this 1911 talk, dadgummit!
    We are always here to help!:lmfao:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Bite the Bullet in Seymour is a Wilson Master Dealer. They can order you a new CQB. Pricing is easy on new Wilson's. They sell for MSRP. Mark and Loren are stocking dealers so they get new Wilsons in from time to time. Mark keeps guns on order and can put your name on one, even make some order changes.

Used might be a better deal. They frequently get lightly used Wilson's traded in. People buy them and they sit in the safe because the gun is too nice to beat up. After a while I suppose they get tired of looking at it and trade it in. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Wilsons are meant to run! Buy it, shoot it, carry it. Nothing looks better then a used finish on a working gun.

I have been tempted to pull the trigger on a couple of used Wilsons at the shop. Some day I will when I don't think the wife will castrate me. Honestly right now the plastic striker fired market is soft and I have been buying Glocks and PPQs. But one day I will turn my attention to what is important.

Not sure what to tell you to look for. Any CQB will be fine. The Elite models should be fit a bit better. You want a 100% BulletProof gun. If I were to order one new I would go for the black rear sight and gold bead front. I prefer a short trigger. Magwell is nice for the range but I would roundbutt a carry gun. If ordering I would go with a naked slide, no lettering.

Edit: You can come up an shoot mine if you want.

I'm suscribed to their Facebook feed and they had a CQB come in back at the end of April. It may be gone by now though.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Decide exactly what you want and get on GB and get a used one.. Buy from someone that has an excellent rating. That's what I've done on a number of occasions and I've never been disappointed, unless you just feel the need to have a NEW pistol and spend another $1000.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock armorer-M&P armorer & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't remember any used CQBs last time I was in there. But they usually always put any Wilsons they get in on FaceBook.

Yeah, I knew I saw it because I remember drooling over it but had to go to their page and double check it was a CQB....and I drooled again. :D

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Thank You all for replies. Checked GB & GA, nothing today. Stopped by LGS & they are contacting WC for timing & $$$.

Really only looking for CQB, prefer Bobtail, but not a deal breaker. No hurry, will wait for right deal.

Now, if my group hits the Megamillions, it's a new ballgame!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    We are always here to help!:lmfao:

Darn, I wasn't mentioned by name. I need to start more 1911 threads! :):

Thank You all for replies. Checked GB & GA, nothing today. Stopped by LGS & they are contacting WC for timing & $$$.

Really only looking for CQB, prefer Bobtail, but not a deal breaker. No hurry, will wait for right deal.

Now, if my group hits the Megamillions, it's a new ballgame!

I'm looking for a bobtail myself. I had thought I'd get a Ruger SR1911 LW carry, but didn't like the feel when I picked it up at USDS. I think something with a bobtail would be perfect, but I'm thinking a DW as I can't afford a Wilson. Good luck finding a CQB!

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wilson Combat CQB with Night Sights & Bulletprood Round Butt Magwell on order, now the wait, & "mad savings mode" begins.

I've wanted one for years, the 1911 talk in Bjenkins thread pushed me over the edge, not sure if I thank him or send him a bag of flaming poo.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wilson Combat CQB with Night Sights & Bulletprood Round Butt Magwell on order, now the wait, & "mad savings mode" begins.

I've wanted one for years, the 1911 talk in Bjenkins thread pushed me over the edge, not sure if I thank him or send him a bag of flaming poo.

Good choice. Now take my advice and go with the gold bead front sight instead of night sights. I got night sights on mine because I thought that was what I wanted. Wish I had the gold bead.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Good choice. Now take my advice and go with the gold bead front sight instead of night sights. I got night sights on mine because I thought that was what I wanted. Wish I had the gold bead.

Just curious as to why? Easier to see in daylight?

Somehow I had a feeling this was going to happen. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Just curious as to why? Easier to see in daylight?

Somehow I had a feeling this was going to happen. :):

easier to see, faster sight acquisition. The Wilson night sights are not particularly high visability. I have no intention of changing out my sights but after shooting guns with a bright front and plain black rear I can say I prefer them.

Top Bottom