• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Just picked up a S&W MP .40 Shield. Thought to self.. Self you need a good IWB holster. So self hops on Alien gear and orders one up. Now I get the email today confirming the order and also that there is a 6 week lead time on delivery to self. So now I am stuck with a my new CC pistol, but can't CC it for 6 weeks. Any suggestions on an alternative until the Aliens deliver my order? Doesn't have to be fancy, but something of quality for a temporary solution.:dunno:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I slide or pancake holster would work. But those are OWB. Inexpensive and easy to use. Only marginally harder to conceal than an IWB.

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    Thanks all.. I'll look those over. I think rural king has some sort of kydex style on the shelf here. I'll take a peek down there as well.

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Kydex should be a cheap yet lasting temporary solution. You can get iwb kydex holsters off of ebay for under $35 for a shield.

If there's a local business that will do that for a similar price and a turn around time quicker than the estimated shipping i would go with them.

Here's one right at $30 + shipping.
    IWB Kydex Holster for Smith Wesson M P Shield Right Hand | eBay

Ditto this...all of my IWB guns have kydex holsters. I am not a fan of the hybrid, leather+kydex holsters. They add too much bulk for my needs. Pure kydex holsters have great retention and are super thin.

You can probably find cheaper ones that are just as good, but I have had good luck with Gunner's Custom Holsters on ebay. Both my Sig 938 and Smith M&P J-Frame roll in one...Gunner's has a decent following on Facebook.

Gunner's Custom Holsters IWB CCW Concealment Holster with Fomi Clip New | eBay

He also sells some with metal clips, but that is the seller.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    See if Crossbreed isnt too backed up. More expensive than Aliengear, but worth every penny. (I own two, getting ready to buy a third)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You can get a DeSantis SOF Tuck for cheap and it would do you fine until your AG comes in. It's nice for a quick on, quick off holster if you don't feel like messing with the AG:

DeSantis Right Hand Sof-Tuck Holster, Ruger SR9C/S&W MP Shield 9/40 - Walmart.com

Lots of other places carry them, so if you know a site that has coupon codes, you might get an even better deal. I just linked that to show an average price.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Just picked up a S&W MP .40 Shield. Thought to self.. Self you need a good IWB holster. So self hops on Alien gear and orders one up. Now I get the email today confirming the order and also that there is a 6 week lead time on delivery to self. So now I am stuck with a my new CC pistol, but can't CC it for 6 weeks. Any suggestions on an alternative until the Aliens deliver my order? Doesn't have to be fancy, but something of quality for a temporary solution.:dunno:

Since you mentioned you just picked it up, I am guessing you haven't spent a ton of time with it? I would personally be using the 6 weeks to train with the Shield if you are planning on making it your CC weapon. Practice with it, find out how different brands of ammo run through it. Just my :twocents:

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    Thanks all.. I'll look those over. I think rural king has some sort of kydex style on the shelf here. I'll take a peek down there as well.

The Rural King in New Castle has 2 or 3 styles of holster that will fit your Shield. They are Bianchi and Safariland holsters. I can also recommend Remora. I have one for my Shield.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    The Rural King in New Castle has 2 or 3 styles of holster that will fit your Shield. They are Bianchi and Safariland holsters. I can also recommend Remora. I have one for my Shield.

Rural King here in New Castle does have a good selection of holsters for common handguns. And like others have said ebay is a great place too. I purchased a leather OWB left draw for my Bulldog, had to make minor mods and stretching (leather), but really pleased.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    When I got my Shield there weren't many holster options. I went to the holster box and found an old one from Kolbesson I had for my G26. Near perfect IWB fit. Who'd a thunk it?

Top Bottom