Armscor CZ Clone - Anyone know anything about these?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been browsing the Armscor website this morning and see that they are all over the place with stuff I don't remember seeing before. Stuff like Glock conversions, baby 1911s, and a ton of 1911 combinations. I also came across this: https://us.armscor.com/products/map-ms-9mm

51652_1911-a1_map1_ms_9mm_2-450x300.png

It looks like a CZ clone, done very similar to how EAA has Tanfoglio build them. Are these more Tanfoglio pistols, with yet another brand rollmarked or is Armscor starting to build their own CZ clones to go alongside thier 1911 clones? I'm guessing that these are rebranded Tanfoglios based on the grips that look to be identical to my 10mm Witness. So far, it looks like they are only doing 9mm in either steel or poly with full size and mid-size options. It's a shame to see that they still have the Tanfoglio milled in front sights instead of somethign replaceable.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Interesting! My question is any of the CZ clones out there even really comparable to a true CZ?:dunno:

In some ways, the clones have improved on the CZ design. I own a Armalite AR-24 and an EAA 10mm clone and when compared to my CZs, they stand up very well. The EAA has some funky features like the rails of the slide are not milled flat forward of the dust cover and that makes them really hard on furniture as they are sharp and will gouge both leather and hardwood easily. The Armalite machine work on the frame and slide are better than on my CZ Compact. The clones tend to use a different method of lifting the trigger bar that seems like an improvement over the CZ design that requires the wire spring retainer to be staked in place. On the downside, both seem heavier than the CZs of similar size. Especially the Armalite. It has a forged frame and slide and is built like a tank. Also, I think the workmanship in the sear cage is better in the CZs than in the clones. Both the Armalite and Witness sear cage seems to be a rough casting with machined flats and just looks more rough than the CZ sear cage. I do like the way the clones approach the firing pin safety better too. The way the clones are designed, the firing pin safety plunger actually reduces the trigger pull instead of increasing it as with the CZ.

The biggest disadvantage of the clones is the hit or miss ability to use standard CZ spares. Most will not work in a clone, so you lose the CGW goodness that can be had. Grips are different too and if you are a fan of aftermarket grips, you might be disappointed with the availability of the clone grips. I've shot both of mine a lot and have come to like them almost as much as my CZ Compact. I don't like them near as much as my pre-B CZ though. That gun is one that just makes me happy to shoot it every chance I get.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    In some ways, the clones have improved on the CZ design. I own a Armalite AR-24 and an EAA 10mm clone and when compared to my CZs, they stand up very well. The EAA has some funky features like the rails of the slide are not milled flat forward of the dust cover and that makes them really hard on furniture as they are sharp and will gouge both leather and hardwood easily. The Armalite machine work on the frame and slide are better than on my CZ Compact. The clones tend to use a different method of lifting the trigger bar that seems like an improvement over the CZ design that requires the wire spring retainer to be staked in place. On the downside, both seem heavier than the CZs of similar size. Especially the Armalite. It has a forged frame and slide and is built like a tank. Also, I think the workmanship in the sear cage is better in the CZs than in the clones. Both the Armalite and Witness sear cage seems to be a rough casting with machined flats and just looks more rough than the CZ sear cage. I do like the way the clones approach the firing pin safety better too. The way the clones are designed, the firing pin safety plunger actually reduces the trigger pull instead of increasing it as with the CZ.

The biggest disadvantage of the clones is the hit or miss ability to use standard CZ spares. Most will not work in a clone, so you lose the CGW goodness that can be had. Grips are different too and if you are a fan of aftermarket grips, you might be disappointed with the availability of the clone grips. I've shot both of mine a lot and have come to like them almost as much as my CZ Compact. I don't like them near as much as my pre-B CZ though. That gun is one that just makes me happy to shoot it every chance I get.

how does the omega triggers, safety compare to the clones.

sossecurity

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2015
    USA
    Don't know about the CZ-75, but I do have one of their 1911s.... great gun with a lifetime warranty.

I've never had to use it but I've heard the customer service is excellent.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It's difficult to Cajunize a clone. You can do it with a Canik but you had better love it because you will never sell it for anywhere near what you have in it.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Yea think I will just stick with the original . I have owned and enjoyed many Glocks, H&Ks, M&Ps, Sigs etc. And just believe with the CGWs upgrades the CZ is at the top of the list!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yea think I will just stick with the original . I have owned and enjoyed many Glocks, H&Ks, M&Ps, Sigs etc. And just believe with the CGWs upgrades the CZ is at the top of the list!

Everybody has their preference and is welcome to their opinion. How another person chooses to spend their money is their business. I like my CZs and I like to share them with others. Occasionally, someone will go out an buy one for themselves.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The Caniks are reportedly very good Turkish clones. I've held one in my hands before, and while the grips (plastic vs. rubber) didn't turn me on, the fit and finish otherwise looked very, very good. And I liked their factory sights a smidge better.

FWIW, I'm a true-CZ fan, and have never pulled the trigger on a Canik. But for their price point, and my initial quality perception, I am intrigued.

Edit: It was a Canik Stingray that I held, which is a P-01 clone.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The Caniks are reportedly very good Turkish clones. I've held one in my hands before, and while the grips (plastic vs. rubber) didn't turn me on, the fit and finish otherwise looked very, very good. And I liked their factory sights a smidge better.

FWIW, I'm a true-CZ fan, and have never pulled the trigger on a Canik. But for their price point, and my initial quality perception, I am intrigued.

Edit: It was a Canik Stingray that I held, which is a P-01 clone.

I briefly owned a Stingray. It was a decent gun.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everybody has their preference and is welcome to their opinion. How another person chooses to spend their money is their business. I like my CZs and I like to share them with others. Occasionally, someone will go out an buy one for themselves.

One........what.

1911's are cloned all the time and with some success.
    Not to sure about the CZ's yet.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    One........what.

1911's are cloned all the time and with some success.
    Not to sure about the CZ's yet.

There are many decent CZ clones and if you were not interested in any upgrades they can be inexpensive and very serviceable weapons. But, if you want to do any mods you are usually out of luck.

Top Bottom