3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

FNX 45 Tactical...

If if you haven't shot one, do it.

if you don't own one, buy it!

it is the smoothest shooting 45 I have ever handled. It is 15+1, safety/decocker, suppressor height night sights, threaded barrel and milled slide for RMR mounting all from the factory. Very, very accurate as well.

it comes in a real nice soft case with 3 mags total, RMR mounting plates and backstraps. There is a long pouch that they ship that stupid lock in but, in reality it is included for a suppressor. The pouches are velcroed in so that you move stuff around in the case.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    IBTL

This belongs in the classifieds, BUT you need 50 quality posts before using the classifieds.
    Out of curiosity, are you in IN??

READ THE FAQs

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I *think* the post is only informative, as I don't see anything about a price or wanting to sell it, just letting everyone know it's a sweet gun.

The only issue I have with the FNX-45 tactical is the price. That's a lot of money. I've shot an FNX-40 before and was very impressed, but they're a lot less. Would love to shoot an FNX-45 tactical sometime.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I agree, I think he's just really excited about his FNX45. I have owned the standard one, not the tactical, and so does a buddy at work. Very accurate and very soft shooter. Opened carried it once to the Tilted Kilt also, that got a few comments while I was using the urinal, something about my "gun" (hope they were talking about the FN....).

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Haha ha that ain't for sale! Nope, no way not gonna happen! I'd live in a car boards box and watch my kids starve first!

i worked my way into this one thru a very circuitous route.

bought a dpms ar for $237 without the stock, bought a stock for $15.

traded that two weeks later for a regular black fnx45.

three weeks later, found a guy selling his black fnx45 tactical...I swapped him straight up for that!

a month later, I sold the black fnx 45 tactical for $1000.

i found the fde fnx45 tactical on armslist WITH the viridian x5L light/laser combo on it for $1000 shipped!

i was extremely lucky throughout the entire evolution. I still can't believe how it worked out for me.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Fantastic trade considering you have about 250 in it. I have an aliengear holster for mine. 1 shell for the tactical w streamlight trl 2 hl g and 1 without. Next addition is a vortex rmr when aa optics gets it in. You correct on all points, soft shooting and accurate

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    Fantastic trade considering you have about 250 in it. I have an aliengear holster for mine. 1 shell for the tactical w streamlight trl 2 hl g and 1 without. Next addition is a vortex rmr when aa optics gets it in. You correct on all points, soft shooting and accurate

Check out Primary Arms for a red dot as well. They are really nice people, great products and fairly priced.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have shot one and it is a much better gun than a glock 21 but it costs 2.5 times as much so it should be.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I really like these but wow the price goes way up for the tactical model. Best price I've seen new for the FNX-45 Tactical in FDE was at Buckshot.

The FN rep at NRAAM said there's an FNS-45 tactical due out 4th quarter this year. I'm holding off for that one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I *think* the post is only informative, as I don't see anything about a price or wanting to sell it, just letting everyone know it's a sweet gun.

The only issue I have with the FNX-45 tactical is the price. That's a lot of money. I've shot an FNX-40 before and was very impressed, but they're a lot less. Would love to shoot an FNX-45 tactical sometime.

That's how I took it as well. I've had guns that I was so happy with, I could not keep from sharing the enthusiasm. All gun purchases should generate this much happiness! I've only held an FNX-45 at a gun store but need to shoot one sometime. I'm starting to like the idea of high capacity .45s for daily carry when in higher threat areas (most places inside 465 and many outside).

dibdee83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    indiana
    I handled a FN45 when they first came out and wasn't too impressed. The safety lever popped off and didn't have the best trigger or ergos but I got a chance to fire one last year and recoil was amazingly soft and Id buy one if I had the chance. FN makes great guns.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    I handled a FN45 when they first came out and wasn't too impressed. The safety lever popped off and didn't have the best trigger or ergos but I got a chance to fire one last year and recoil was amazingly soft and Id buy one if I had the chance. FN makes great guns.

Originally there was the FNP which has since seen some internal upgrades and mods and has now morphed into the FNX. The second FNX45 I owned had a very mushy trigger. I sent that back to FN for a company stated 6-8 week turn around, I got it back in 10 days. With all internals replaced free of charge.

the trigger felt a little better to me but, not as good as the first FNX 45 I owned. I sold that one with full disclosure and bought the FNX 45T in FDE and found it's trigger to be awesome just as the first FNX 45 I owned and all the others I had held in various LGS's.

as for the ergos, try changing out the backstraps. I found that the thicker backstrap or the one with the RTF finish are very uncomfortable. I use the thin, lined backstrap and absolutely love the way it feels in my hand now. I have also read that some people have a hard time with the aggressive texturing on the side panels, that has not been my experience with this pistol, even after 200-250 rounds in a single range trip.

I did find the gun to be stupidly accurate and very soft shooting, softer than my Kimber 1911 as a matter of fact. If you can afford one, I highly suggest you buy one. If you can't afford the tactical version or have no plans of ever putting a can on it, I recommend the regular FNX 45, it is the same exact gun without the suppressor sights, threaded barrel and milled slide.

for me, the Tactical version just looks so much better, more aggressive and I just couldn't get right with the black version of the gun after seeing the FDE version. That is TOTALLY my personal preference and has nothing to do with the abilities or characteristics of the pistol.

Top Bottom