• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I bought this 4506-1 about 3 yrs ago and have probably shot close to 1k through her. I really like the look and feel as well as having an ambi safety for my southpaw shooting. I've manage to acquire 10 mags but at one time had 20. Have both the curved back and straight back grips as well as several holsters. She's as accurate as I am and would perform better in the hands of someone with more experience at the 25, but she goes bang every time. My only issues is that finding spare parts can be quite a chore. I'm big on the 3rd gen smiths as I have several others in 9mm, but having found my CZ's one of which is from the year I was born and made in the land my ancestors called home I've been looking at the 97B.

Being current production there is CZ CS support unlike the 4506 even though it may depend on the CS rep you get on the phone, still all steel which is what I like, double stack 10+1 is a plus, ability to customize unlike the 4506 unless you find a good smith, and from searching not many own one.

I figure I could sell my 4506-1 with all the goodies for around 800, and still have money left over from buying a CZ97B for extra mags, or CGW stuff. My wife though wants to give be grief after buying all the accessories for the 4506-1 as to why I would sell and buy a new 45. I did buy the 4506 a week after we married on her birthday, so I see she may have some sentimental value attached to it and she did like shooting it.

Looking for some feedback to help me make a decision to keep or save up for another CZ.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    While not the most attractive pistols in the world, those S&Ws are nice guns. However, I am an unapologetic CZ fan and would recommend getting a 97 in a heartbeat

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Get the 97 while you can. They wete scarce awhile back but can be found new online for about 650. Then spend another 650 to have CGW give it the full treatment

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Huge third gen smith fan here...I vote 4506....or better yet 4516.
    Sadly though it is getting harder to get general maintenance parts for them like springs.

God bless
    -Shred

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Wolff sales springs for the S&W 3rd Gen handguns. I believe they have a service pack that includes every spring.

I have a 4516-2, 4506, and 4506-1. I even found a company that makes the dual spring set-up for the 4516-2 - the 4516 and 4516-1 use a single recpoil spring.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I would hang onto thtat 4506 like grim death.
    I know you want a CZ97 right now, but why eliminate a truly wonderful gun for another wonderful gun, when you can save up for a while and have both?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom