• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I am frequently in a place that has a strict no gun policy (it just a policy it is legal to carry there) but there is what I see as a significant danger so I am wanting a gun I can tuck away just in case. No I cant just stop going to that place. I am thinking a NAA mini in .22wmr would be an okay choice. How awesome are these guns? anyone have any stoppages or broken parts? what is you max effective range? and last what is a decent price for these? (and where are you seeing that price?)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    20130802_193900_zps4bd40c52.jpg

This is mine, but it's the 22 LR version.

[video=youtube;5_0XK0iVGdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0XK0iVGdo[/video]

You gotta hold on to them, they like to jump a bit. Normally you don't think of a .22 having recoil, but this does. Not a lot. But more than you are used to. And the grip shown in the pic will only allow one finger to hold on.

You will need to practice, they are difficult to aim. Though I think I've seen a laser that goes under the barrel.
    I have had no problems with it breaking or stopping.
    It doesn't reload fast.
    As for distance, well, very close up.
    My info on price is too old.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I have fired the one that ACT is showing in the pic/vid. It is a hoot to shoot, but for SD purposes the range is about the length of your arm. Very close in, last resort weapon.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I have fired the one that ACT is showing in the pic/vid. It is a hoot to shoot, but for SD purposes the range is about the length of your arm. Very close in, last resort weapon.

Agree. I have one that my wife got me for Valentines Day many years ago. It's fun to shoot, easy to carry but not something I would want to depend on for self defense. There are much better options that aren't that much larger or heavier and just as easy to conceal. A Seacamp or NAA .32 come to mind for small, easy to hide guns.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I love it. It's my deep concealment weapon. I have the WMR and the LR versions and one is with me anywhere it is not illegal to carry.

I look at it as one step above throwing a rock, it's a "put in the BG's face, fire as many as I can then run like hell" weapon. They may get me, but I want to ensure they feel it before I go or at least weaken them enough to tilt the fight in my favor a bit.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I have the .22 mag Black Widow. It has actual sights and shot well for me out of the box at 10 yards. Haven't tried shooting it farther yet. With the .22 mag speer gold dots the ballistic gel tests that I've seen show 50% expansion and 11-13" penetration. I've never had any malfunctions of any kind with mine.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Thanks for all the replys. I have tried some other options but because of the way i dress and the work i do its hard to hide stuff. I might go to the gun shop tomorrow and check a few out. Normally i pride myself on being able to deescilate things but i just have a bad feeling about this.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I had the .22 LR, 1 1/8" barrel version for a few years. Definitely a "stick it up their nose and pull trigger" kinda weapon. I quit carrying mine when better choices came around, like the Kel-Tec P32. 8 rounds of .32 as opposed to a single action .22 LR with 5 shots? No contest.....P-32 will slip into your back pocket and no one will be the wiser.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    No advantage to the WMR v .22 LR. in a barrel length that short.

Just more ore flash with the one that costs $.40 v the one that costs $.07 per round.

You're not target shooting with the things. At best you might spend a couple bucks a months shooting them so cost of ammo is hardly a concern.

BUT, the WMR has a slightly longer barrel and even shooting really hot ammo in the .22lr (I think I posted my chrony results a few years ago but cannot find them), I got about 300fps better velocity out of the magnum for a little heavier of a bullet for about 60% more energy. Now, the WMR NAA I have is almost twice the size of the .22lr so from that standpoint I usually carry the .22lr version because if I am going that big then I am carrying a .380.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I would love to carry my edc but im 6'1" 120lbs and wear 30/32 jeans that combined with the weird positions i get in i cant conceal a full size 1911. And i would prefer a slightly more budget friendly gun since the abbrasive dust could mess things up

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i can't stand the little things!!!......:):....i have a laser on the mini-mag and i can hit a 8" plate at 35y with it every shot....the Earl at the bottom gets out a lot farther....

105b2b6.jpg

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    No advantage to the WMR v .22 LR. in a barrel length that short.

Just more ore flash with the one that costs $.40 v the one that costs $.07 per round.

the report from the mag will make them **** there pants compared to the LR.......they do hit a lot harder in a milk jug of water any way...

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I had the .22 LR version, years ago. To me, it was a novelty gun. I would not carry one, even for a last ditch gun, when there are much better options out there. There are handguns that are just as easy to conceal, chambered in rounds with better ballistics, easier to shoot accurately and in the same price range.
    In those situations, I carry a Keltec P32.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    So if this is essentially a last resort, contact only, one shot firearm how is this more practical than a knife?

Top Bottom