• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Hey y'all, I'm looking to replace the stock sights on my two carry guns, Glock 19 and 43. I'm interested in what everybody has on your pistols, what you've used and what you like. Not necessarily predisposed to any one type or brand, so fire away with whatever opinions you've got! My 43 will likely serve as my primary carry gun, with the 19 being a nightstand gun and occasional carry.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have, and have had a variety of night sights on Glocks. I currently have some with Meprolights, a couple with yellow in the back, and green in the front; I have at least one still with Glock OEM night sights (and have had others in the past); and I have one with Trijicon HD's. I also have one with the Ameriglo Cap sights (it was a Talo and came with these when I purchased it new). I like the Trijicon HD's the best. My Trijicon HDs are the orange outline in the front, no outline, green tritium in the back variant.

The Trijicon HD's allow the dots on the back sight to disappear during good light conditions as they are Not white outlined, but in low light, the green tritium really pops. The front sight is outlined very brightly so that during the day the orange stands out and gains your focus with no distraction from the back sight, but then the orange is not really visible in low light, and the tritium is visible.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I really like the I-Dot Pro and the Spartan both made by Ameriglo

Big fan of iDots or Trijicon HD's. Both with rear U notch.

iDot Pros on my carry M&P

406237202.jpg

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have TruGlo sights on all of my carry guns. They are super bright during the day and the TFO (Tritium Fiber Optic) are very bright in the dark. I have been using them for many years and have had very good results with them

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Remember, guys, if buying, that the TruGlo TFX is an improved version of the TFO. They're less bulky, the front sight is shorter (in length, increasing effective sight radius), and, most importantly, the tritium vials and fiber-optic light pipes are hermetically sealed. They won't fall apart and are impervious to solvents and ultrasonic cleaning. They're much more appropriate for the abuse carry guns receive (and they've added a ton of new fits, including CZ 75 and Novak cut). If you wanted TFO's and couldn't get 'em for your gun, have a look at the TFX fit chart.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Thanks for all the suggestions y'all! I'm liking the looks of the TruGlo TFX and Trijicon HD sights, but not sure about that U notch on the Trijicons. I do really like the idea of the subdued rear sight, as I shoot a plain rear sight on my competition pistol. Anyone find a noticeable difference between a standard and U notch rear sight?

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Ive grown to love 10-8, Ameriglo and Warren Tactical.

I get faster splits with a lit front and blacked rears.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    I've ran several different night sights including the TFO/TFX but prefer the Trijicon HD and have installed them on 5 of my pistols now. What I like about them in the daytime it's like having competition sights on your carry gun, big bright front blade like a fiber optic and a black rear U notch that allows enough light it to distinguish the front blade. In the dark you have the typical 3 dot sight that is brighter than the TFX. The HD are also made for manipulating the slide one handed if you feel that is a necessary feature.

Top Bottom