• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Anyone know where I can rent a 9mm SIG P229 DAK in Indianapolis area? I love SIGs, but hate the DA/SA trigger. I enjoy a consistent trigger pull, and the DAK may be the ticket for me. So, anyone know somewhere or anyone have one they might let me fondle? If not, I'll just have to get another Glock or 1911 instead. :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The DAK is not a consistent trigger pull. It has two reset points. If you stop at the short reset point (which isn't that short) it stiffens the trigger. The assumption is it will slow down your cyclical rate under stress. If you let the trigger all the way back out to the second reset, you get the same trigger pull, presumably for better control while shooting while not under stress.

To me, the DAK makes as much sense as putting a manual safety on a Glock. It's not what the platform was designed for and it is counter productive to the design philosophy and operation.

Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The DAK is not a consistent trigger pull. It has two reset points. If you stop at the short reset point (which isn't that short) it stiffens the trigger. The assumption is it will slow down your cyclical rate under stress. If you let the trigger all the way back out to the second reset, you get the same trigger pull, presumably for better control while shooting while not under stress.

The P229 in 9mm and DAK is my favorite gun of all. BehindBlueI's description of how the action works is accurate and it's exactly what I like about it. It does take a bit of practice if you're not coming from a DAO background but it is superior (IMO) to any other action currently available once you master the advantages it offers. I'm currently breaking in a H&K P30sk 9mm V1 (light LEM) and find SIG's DAK much more to my liking.

Top Bottom