• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Ok not if this should go here or in the gunsmithing section? If it needs to bee moved please do so. All that aside here we go.

Does anyone know where I might be able to get a factory trigger bar for an M&P 9? I have looked everywhere online and they are all "Out of stock". I didn't know if there was another avenue to go to get one? I want to do some work on the new one to install a set screw to eliminate some of the pretravel but don't want to make changes to the one that came with the pistol.

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I am going to get.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Speed shooter specialties has been a great resource for stock M&P parts, but I see they're out of the trigger bar. I would request in stock info while searching elsewhere

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Yes I saw Speed shooter but they were out of stock as was Brownells, Midwayusa, and a couple other sites that I can't remember. I even checked Ebay under the off chance someone put in a FSS and was selling their old bar.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    H stamped bar. The newest revision.
    S&W M&P 9/40 Trigger Bar Assembly H Stamp at G and R Tactical

They're not in stock now, but they get stock weekly, so keep at it. Down side is, minimum 50$ order.

Also, an FYI, if you wish to take some pre travel out of the trigger with a set screw, you MUST remove some material from the trigger safety. At least with the H stamped bars that is.
    I know it will need some trigger safety work.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Are you replacing an H stamp bar or S stamp?

Another heads up. If you replace an S stamped bar with an H stamped one, I remember reading you may need to adjust the trigger bar loop because it's a different profile to account for the new sear design.

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Good luck. S&W dropped the ball with the M&P as far as parts.

There are thousands of us in the same boat.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    Glock has had a very very long time to get their parts in surplus. It's no surprise the newer M&P will have issues with supplies outside of sending your gun to the manufacturer.

It's still possible to get parts though, and G&R Tactical is the best place that has parts more often then anyone else. Down side being min. 50$ order.

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    Are you replacing an H stamp bar or S stamp?

Another heads up. If you replace an S stamped bar with an H stamped one, I remember reading you may need to adjust the trigger bar loop because it's a different profile to account for the new sear design.[/QUOTE

It is the "H" bar so I should be good

Top Bottom