• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Peter Potamus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    Indianapolis
    For the price, the Walther PPQ is probably the best gun made today. The trigger is easily the best striker fired of any gun on the market. These should sell well.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not to be blasfemists the 9mm PPQ's are pretty nice but from the picture that slide looks God awful like a freakin High Point's.

Onionsanddragons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 13, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Oooooh. Now that is appealing as all get out.

I would agree on the VP45 notion, if I didn't know that they would have that standard HK 10-rd capacity for the 45acp. I understand the reasoning, and respect the decision; but I prefer to have the extra rounds and just replace a spring every few years.

But, let's be real... I'd consider buying both. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not to be blasfemists the 9mm PPQ's are pretty nice but from the picture that slide looks God awful like a freakin High Point's.

It almost looks like a PPX. Not a strong selling point... :):

I'd be very interested in handling and shooting one though. Loved my PPQ, until .45 took over my life.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    CZ's have a higher bore axis than a PPQ 9mm.
    I liken CZ's bore axis to a Sig 226 or most HK pistols, but they are pretty good for a hammer fired system.
    Striker fired guns have an inherently lower bore axis and that's what I like the most about Glocks (other than their obvious awesomeness).
    We'll have to see about the PPQ-45. Looks pretty big.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    45 is bigger than 9mm so the slide is going to be bigger.
    Can't wait to get my hangs on one!
    However, if it looks like a PPX/Walther Hi-point, forget it

Yes, and there should be subtle differences, it could justt be the picture but it looks WAY bigger than it has to be, compare the SIG 220 to the 226, not really that much if any difference in the size of the slide and it doesn't look big in pics ether.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Could be interesting but it's one of those you'll have to actually see in person and handle. For some reason Europeans seem scared of the .45 and over-engineer them.

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    CZ's have a higher bore axis than a PPQ 9mm.
    I liken CZ's bore axis to a Sig 226 or most HK pistols, but they are pretty good for a hammer fired system.
    Striker fired guns have an inherently lower bore axis and that's what I like the most about Glocks (other than their obvious awesomeness).

I gotta call BS on this. As an owner of all the manufacturers he mentioned, the CZ is not equal to the Sig and HK in bore axis. My CZ 75 is the smoothest shooting gun I have ever owned. Better than my Glock 17. Bore axis is way overblown anyways.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I gotta call BS on this. As an owner of all the manufacturers he mentioned, the CZ is not equal to the Sig and HK in bore axis. My CZ 75 is the smoothest shooting gun I have ever owned. Better than my Glock 17. Bore axis is way overblown anyways.

smoothness is not what I was talking about.
    Bore axis is referring to how high the gun barrel sits above your hand while gripping it.
    Hammer fired guns are taller and some people like me prefer a gun that sits much lower, that's all

MusicMatt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 21, 2014
    Lake County
    I'm aware of what bore axis is. The CZ style of hammer fired guns are unique in that the slide rides inside the frame, not on top of it. The makes for a barrel that sits lower in the hand than most hammer-fired guns. The PPQ has a higher bore axis than most striker fired guns. I would say they are pretty equal. I would love to see a measurement of both.
    All in all PPQ, Glock, CZ, XDm, Sig, (insert name), they all are great at what they do.
    I was just defending the CZ for an inaccurate comparison. Nothing personal.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    I'm aware of what bore axis is. The CZ style of hammer fired guns are unique in that the slide rides inside the frame, not on top of it. The makes for a barrel that sits lower in the hand than most hammer-fired guns. The PPQ has a higher bore axis than most striker fired guns. I would say they are pretty equal. I would love to see a measurement of both.
    All in all PPQ, Glock, CZ, XDm, Sig, (insert name), they all are great at what they do.
    I was just defending the CZ for an inaccurate comparison. Nothing personal.

As you say nothing personal, just fun/friendly conversation from me. I'm a CZ fan and my shadow is becoming my favorite pistol but the bore axis and WEIGHT of my PPQ and my VP9 are lower. What sets the Shadow apart is the awesome trigger and its muzzle weight. I want to say that the slide in the frame matters, but all I see is that it's just a matter of frame INSIDE or OUTSIDE, without actually lowering anything, but I would like to see conclusive comparisons. Not much CZ muzzle flip when you have that big chunk of metal hanging out there and even my DA trigger is pretty damn good now that llh worked on it. If you had the same trigger and weight on the VP9, I think it would be just as accurate and shootable as my Shadow though. Look at the known astounding accuracy of the HK 45 compared to a 1911, eg, it's awesome, but the trigger and bore height/muzzle flip are it's holdups.

I love my HK 45, and Walther, but all of the signs are there that we will get a VP45 soon! This time, I'll wait rather than buy both the Walther and then the HK. Please let it take my HK 45 mags!

Top Bottom