• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INDY45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Aug 28, 2012
    Henryville, Indiana
    I have the LCP and am wanting the LC9s when it comes out in stainless, Both are fine carry weapons and will do the job if properly used. It's not about who has the biggest gun but being able to us the weapon you carry in the fight!

Indy

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I have a carry weapon dilemma because I can't stop buying compact firearms...LCP .380, LCR .357, 442 .38 special, 642 .38 special, Seecamp .32, Sig P390, Kahr PM 9, Kimber Compact Carry .45 ACP...there always seems to be a reason to carry a different gun. I've read that one should stick to one gun for carry so that he/she is familiar with it, however, I always find a reason (weather, clothing, firepower) to carry something new. Any suggestions?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a carry weapon dilemma because I can't stop buying compact firearms...LCP .380, LCR .357, 442 .38 special, 642 .38 special, Seecamp .32, Sig P390, Kahr PM 9, Kimber Compact Carry .45 ACP...there always seems to be a reason to carry a different gun. I've read that one should stick to one gun for carry so that he/she is familiar with it, however, I always find a reason (weather, clothing, firepower) to carry something new. Any suggestions?

Meh. Women have different shoes for different outfits, we have different guns for different situations. Its all the same. :dunno:

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I have slowly scaled back my pistols to where all I carry is Glocks. Boring, I know, but its what I like and I shoot them well. All triggers on my carry guns are modded the same. Polished OEM 3.5 lb. connector with OEM 8 Lb. NY1 trigger spring and all internals polished for a smooth 5-6 lb. pull and a crisp reset. All of them feel pretty much the same, so switching up is no big deal.
    I save my revolvers for the range and hunting, except for my S&W 042. It rides in a pocket every now and then.

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    i always buy new different caliber guns thinking ill carry them but seem to always end up carrying my colt mustang 380. just my favorite gun i guess

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have never understood why people seem to gravitate to guns that shoot so poorly. Will the ease and comfort of a tiny gun be worth it when you have to use it to defend your life? I am sure a lot of folks will come in and defend their little plastic guns but I just don't see how one of those is going to match up to a compact or full size gun.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have never understood why people seem to gravitate to guns that shoot so poorly. Will the ease and comfort of a tiny gun be worth it when you have to use it to defend your life? I am sure a lot of folks will come in and defend their little plastic guns but I just don't see how one of those is going to match up to a compact or full size gun.

No defending anything here. Handguns suck! Handguns are a compromise, especially little handguns in non-service calibers. What mouse guns provide is ease of carry. Personally I try not to carry a small gun because it is easier but rather because I don't have another option. A larger gun is just not practical when carrying in some environments. What I do insist on is carrying a gun that meets some minimum standard for power. For me that is a Smith 642 with 135 gr gold dot short barrel loads. It is about as small as I will go. I am considering giving the Glock 43 a try since the Glock 26 and Shield are still too large for my needs.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    No defending anything here. Handguns suck! Handguns are a compromise, especially little handguns in non-service calibers. What mouse guns provide is ease of carry. Personally I try not to carry a small gun because it is easier but rather because I don't have another option. A larger gun is just not practical when carrying in some environments. What I do insist on is carrying a gun that meets some minimum standard for power. For me that is a Smith 642 with 135 gr gold dot short barrel loads. It is about as small as I will go. I am considering giving the Glock 43 a try since the Glock 26 and Shield are still too large for my needs.
    Everyone has to make their own decisions and I should probably keep my opinions to myself. It's just a little frustrating when I see people who should know better who, basically, lie to themselves.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Everyone has to make their own decisions and I should probably keep my opinions to myself. It's just a little frustrating when I see people who should know better who, basically, lie to themselves.

Shot placement is key. This is all I ever carry. This ain't Kosovo, most confrontations can be ended with a hard look. If you need more than this, get off the internet and hit the range!

NAA_LR_002.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I'll admit, I had my doubts about the Glock 43. But, I'll now say that is the smallest gun I'd ever carry. It's like shooting the Glock 26, but with less rounds and a thinner grip. :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Go for it! I bet most of us will agree with you. Heck I will start. I would probably carry that little NAA revolver before a micro .380. I mean if you have to go small then go small. Even with hollow points those little 380s don't have enough barrel to make them expand reliably and if the bullet does expand it won't penetrate. Carrying one of those as a matter of ease or convenience is just plain silly. Carrying one because you have no other option is making a choice between the mouse gun and a sharp stick. Personally if given the choice between a KelTec anything or LCP and a stick......I would take the stick.

Jframe stoked up with the right .38 spl ammo and a slicked up trigger is not even in the same league as a little .380. So far I just haven't found anything I would rather trust on the ankle, in a pocket or in a deep concealment role.

These me are my opinions. Let's open up the whole can of butthurt. It's Monday morning after all.

Top Bottom