• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I would normally carry a G26 but don't have it any more, I looked into a single stack handgun but is just not I want unless deep concealment is required. So the options are M&P9 full size or a G19 with a good holster, are these two equal or the G19 has a smaller footprint?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If you liked the Glock 26, then get the Glock 19. If you didn't like the grip and trigger of the Glock 26, get the M&P. But you'll end up getting the Apex trigger kit for the M&P eventually.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got both, carried both. You're not going to go wrong with either. The smaller of the two is definitely the G19, but not by that much. If you shoot the M&P better then go with that, if you shoot the G19 better go with that.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    If you liked the Glock 26, then get the Glock 19. If you didn't like the grip and trigger of the Glock 26, get the M&P. But you'll end up getting the Apex trigger kit for the M&P eventually.

Just picked up a new M&Pc and the trigger is amazing, compared to previous M&Ps. Smith started putting in the Pro trigger around the beginning of this yr. If I wasn't such a 1911 fan, I would probably not change it.

climber1218

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    Converse
    I find that the stock trigger (with a 3.5# disconnector...which is reasonably priced and easy to install) on a Glock 19 is much better than the stock trigger on an M&P (unless you are willing to spend nearly $90 on an Apex trigger and another $25 for a RAM to improve reset feel). So my vote is for the Glock 19! Probably more holster options for the Glock, too...since it has been around for so much longer.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Probably more holster options for the Glock, too...since it has been around for so much longer.

That's definitely the case and I'm glad someone mentioned it. There's getting to be more holster options for the M&P's, but the glock will have a holster made by everyone who makes a holster.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I too have had both the Glock 19 and the M&PC. There was not enough difference between the two for me to tell a difference as far as CCW goes, but I went with the Glock because I have shot a lot of them over the years and shoot them better.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    As others have stated the M&P 9c would be more comparable to the 19. Pick whichever one you shoot better/like better. Both are great guns. I could not make the jump from the Glock trigger to the M&P trigger and sold off the 9c I picked up, and kept the Glocks. However, I had a heavy investment in the Glock platform (holsters, mags, etc) and had a 26/19 combo, Advantage Arms conversion kits, etc. If I had not been invested in and so used to the Glock trigger, I would have kept the 9c.

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The G19 is a great all around carry. When deep conceal is needed I carry it on my ankle in a Galco Ankle Glove with the standard mag. With boot cut jeans one size longer than I normally wear and 6" lace up boots I forget it's even there. I carry the same gun on my hip in a Blackhawk Serpa with the G17 mag and sleeve for more rounds. The pistol is extremely accurate to 30 yards and shoots Speer 124gr +P gold dots for some real knock down.

Top Bottom