• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Looking for info from anyone who has shot a Mark 23 regarding size, comfort etc. I haven't had a chance to even hold one in my hands but am curious whether the gun is too massive for most to use or if it's not as large and heavy as the hype. Thanks for any feedback you can give!

0750turbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Pittsboro
    It's too big and over done in my opinion. I had my heart set on getting one until I held one in person. I have what I would say are normal to large size hands and it was too big for me. I think when it first came out it was the bees knees but it's been passed by in my opinion. I ended up going with an FN FNX tactical and have been very happy.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    If you have the hands of an NBA basketball player or Hickok45 it will be just fine.
    for us regular dudes, it's big and way over done, even for a 45.
    Overpriced too, IMHO, but the tacticoolness is up there.
    Borderline collectible, but for the money I'd rather have a nice squeeze cocker.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    From seeing one in a shop, the best description is that it's a Desert Eagle, but not a Desert Eagle. The thing is huge. It can be priced competitively with the Desert Eagle, or be sold at a point that you could buy 2 Desert Eagles. A USP in .45 is more practical. If your heart is set on it, go on ahead though.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    Looking for info from anyone who has shot a Mark 23 regarding size, comfort etc. I haven't had a chance to even hold one in my hands but am curious whether the gun is too massive for most to use or if it's not as large and heavy as the hype. Thanks for any feedback you can give!
    I was interested in the mk 23 for a while when i was just looking at them online and when I got my first HK 45. A few weeks ago, they had one at Indiana Gun Club. I chuckled at how big it was and didnt even ask to look at it. So large that it no longer even interested me. Quick drive from Fishers to see for yourself, but they arent open until tomorrow.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks everyone for your input. My concern is the size as I have average hands. Will likely stay with full size 1911 variants!

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have owned two of these pistols... They are seriously HUGE. Think Desert Eagle or bigger... I also thought the trigger was horrible. That's my personal opinion, and I would not choose to own another.

The are constructed well, and there is a something about owning one that is "cool"... Like all HK's.

Anyway, hope that was helpful

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I have one. I can palm a basketball with no effort, so it fits me fine, but it is big, really big. They eat up the recoil like a champ. With that said, I'll be down in Zionsville Sept. 25 for my nephews soccer tournament and I can bring it along for the ride if you're not too far and you want to meet up and check it out.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I have one. I can palm a basketball with no effort, so it fits me fine, but it is big, really big. They eat up the recoil like a champ. With that said, I'll be down in Zionsville Sept. 25 for my nephews soccer tournament and I can bring it along for the ride if you're not too far and you want to meet up and check it out.

Thanks drop45 but I was just told that Cabela's has one on display. I live 5 mins from there so I am going to see if I can check it out there. Will likely be too large as I can't palm a basketball and have only average size hands.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I can't lie. I want one just to have it. I've come close to buying one a few times but never pulled the trigger so to speak. HK makes such well engineered pistols but that thing is just too big. It should also have a 15rd capacity for its size. I would love to have a Mark 23 with original AAC suppressor. Wiping up my own drool as I speak.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    I believe it was made with special forces in mind. They some times need to wear gloves in cold environments, etc. It has a silencer made for it, and can be fired with gloves on. I considered it but instead got the HK Tactical, one of the best shooting handguns I have shot to date. The backstrap was a bit rough, but every time I pulled the trigger the bullet hit the target. Can't ask more than that. It had a very nice trigger pull, a clean set of target sights, that were also a bit high for the silencer they make for it.

Gun Review: HK USP Tactical .45 - The Truth About Guns

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I've been in classes at Boone County with a fellow from Washington DC who used an HK Mk 23 in a drop holster. The thing was HUGE. There is no way I could have a decent grip and reach the trigger. Granted, I have raccoon hands, but still . . . the thing was HUGE.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I wear a size medium in gloves and have no problem holding my MK23. I love the gun so much in fact that I bought 2nd and one sports a hogue slip on!

As always, until YOU get your hands on one you wont know how it will feel. and i own 4 DEs and can say they do not fit anything like them.

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I believe it was made with special forces in mind. They some times need to wear gloves in cold environments, etc. It has a silencer made for it, and can be fired with gloves on. I considered it but instead got the HK Tactical, one of the best shooting handguns I have shot to date. The backstrap was a bit rough, but every time I pulled the trigger the bullet hit the target. Can't ask more than that. It had a very nice trigger pull, a clean set of target sights, that were also a bit high for the silencer they make for it.

Gun Review: HK USP Tactical .45 - The Truth About Guns

thanks Paul30! Great write up!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers

Did you go look at one, or buy one? I think the one at the Gun Club was used, so that may be the way to go. They are open today. I want to shoot one, but probably shouldn't.... I am out of handgun storage in my safe and that thing would take up 2 spots! :)

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I fondled the one at Cabelas this weekend. It's a BIG gun! I think I would be more comfortable with something smaller but it is tempting. Going to handle a USP Tactical and see if that fits my paws better.

Top Bottom