• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dibdee83

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    indiana
    I needed a deep carry gun for my new job so I picked up a kahr cw380 and put a box through it with no issues. Ive had a cw9 in the past and had good luck with it too. Any issues with yours and how high is your round count?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am very far passed break in on mine and it runs fine. I'd say between 1-2k. It's hard to say for sure because I shoot it along with another 380 usually when I'm shooting it so exact round count is a mystery. Mine has been fantastic from round 1. I also got right in line for release after eyeing p380's for so long. I got one of the very first ones that was released which is percent to what I'm getting at because often times some of the first ones released will have issues which will later be fixed. The first ones released here seemed to have been good. But then again they had the p380 for that so I bought in confidence. I also saw it as the perfect gun for what you are talking about. Basically a cheap quality pistol. A better lcp with real sights. A few of my buddies have bought them too. One loves his and the other one bought 2 and while I haven't asked he hasn't said anything bad. And if there was a problem I am sure he'd be talking about it. Only bad I've heard is online, and negatives are echoed online for sure.

South Bender

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    South Bend
    You'll read about troubles in the Kahr forums, but I've had mine for 6 months, probably 500 rounds through it without a problem. I chose this over the LCP for the slide lock back on empty and the smooth (but long) trigger pull. Very pleasant to shoot, recoil not bad at all. Trigger reset is long though. I've pulled the trigger without letting it reset all the way, that's the only problem I've had with this gun.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I had one, it was a nice little carry gun. When I first got it I had some cycling issues, but once it was "broke in" it shot well. I ended up trading it, but it wasn't bad overall.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I have mine with me right now. I love it. Only had about 2 or 3 FTE/FTF's during the first 25 rounds or so during break in. Accurate, easy to shoot and very little felt recoil.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Great gun. I got rid of an LCP, got a Kahr 380 and never looked back. I love the recoil and I've experienced no failures.

^^^^This here! I haven't carried it in a while though, I found a great deal on a PM40, which has became my pocket gun.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Did anyone have a lot of trouble with it (Kahr CW380) during the break in period? I've put about 200 rounds through mine and it's starting to loosen up but I still had two FTF's when I last shot it. Both times on the last round in the mag. Mine absolutely will not shoot Winchester white box or Tulammo, I get a FTF almost every round. PMC has worked better and that's been most of what I've put through it now. I'm a little worried reading that other people didn't have this issue so much during the break in period. Is it too early to send it in? Should I give it one more box?

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Did anyone have a lot of trouble with it (Kahr CW380) during the break in period? I've put about 200 rounds through mine and it's starting to loosen up but I still had two FTF's when I last shot it. Both times on the last round in the mag. Mine absolutely will not shoot Winchester white box or Tulammo, I get a FTF almost every round. PMC has worked better and that's been most of what I've put through it now. I'm a little worried reading that other people didn't have this issue so much during the break in period. Is it too early to send it in? Should I give it one more box?

I personally had maybe one or two malfunctions in the first 30 rounds and that was about it. I did dry fire mine quite a bit but it's hard to say. If I were you I'd give it another box or two and then contact Kahr. Also do you have multiple mags to try? If it is happening consistently on the last round then there may just be an issue there. That being said your pistol not shooting Tul or WWB is odd. Mine eats tul right up no problem. And yours may once it's broken in. I saw that with a Glock 42 once, it wouldn't run hardly anything we had on hand but some remington stuff and after a couple boxes of that it ate anything we put in it.

alc1985

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Burns Harbor by the Dunes
    I had a Taurus TCP that worked and I thought it would be crazy to replace it with a more expensive cw380. That all changed when I tried my sons cw380. The trigger was better and it had less felt recoil. Needles to say the TCP is gone and a cw380 is my summer carry.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I have two mags and I have had the same problems with both. My husband also had the same issue, I had him shoot it to be sure it wasn't me limp-wristing it or something. My G42 eats anything, but when I first shot it I was not used to the thinner grip and I limp-wristed and had a few FTE's with it. I'm 100% sure it was me, not the gun, in that issue. With this Kahr I'm 100% sure it's the gun. I can definitely tell that it's loosened up a LOT since I first got it. Darn, I will give it one more box or so and then it's going back if it's still having any issues.

The CW380 is certainly a soft shooter, I just shot it side by side with my Shield 9mm and I don't really notice any difference in recoil or snap between them. I consider myself to be recoil sensitive with handguns and I don't think there are many pocket guns that I'd have fun shooting, but the CW380 is really fun to shoot.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have two mags and I have had the same problems with both. My husband also had the same issue, I had him shoot it to be sure it wasn't me limp-wristing it or something. My G42 eats anything, but when I first shot it I was not used to the thinner grip and I limp-wristed and had a few FTE's with it. I'm 100% sure it was me, not the gun, in that issue. With this Kahr I'm 100% sure it's the gun. I can definitely tell that it's loosened up a LOT since I first got it. Darn, I will give it one more box or so and then it's going back if it's still having any issues.

The CW380 is certainly a soft shooter, I just shot it side by side with my Shield 9mm and I don't really notice any difference in recoil or snap between them. I consider myself to be recoil sensitive with handguns and I don't think there are many pocket guns that I'd have fun shooting, but the CW380 is really fun to shoot.
    I like using a good lube when breaking in a new gun. Are you lubricating all the wear points?

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County

FWIW I've had ZERO success with the platform. I know others will jump in (and already have) and tell how great theirs have been - but all FOUR (glutton for punishment, I guess) Kahrs I've owned, in 380, 9mm, and 45, had issues. No more for me...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ew-kahr-p380-need-help-diagnosing-issues.html

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    My CW went click instead of bang. Every round it wouldn't fire I loaded in a 1911 and it gobbled them right up. Kahr blew me off blaming ammo.

I sold it off and will never buy from them again. Bad gun and customer service. Double whammy for me.

Only Glocks for me now. They go boom every time regardless.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    My CW went click instead of bang. Every round it wouldn't fire I loaded in a 1911 and it gobbled them right up. Kahr blew me off blaming ammo.

I sold it off and will never buy from them again. Bad gun and customer service. Double whammy for me.

Only Glocks for me now. They go boom every time regardless.
    My (former) p380 purchased from an ingo member was a money pit.. I tried everything to fix the light primer strikes and failure to go into battery issues and just gave up and traded it at a loss at the lgs for a Winchester SX3.

Top Bottom