• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've done some work to her recently and I'm really liking the little gal. I installed a set of Ameriglo sights a few weeks ago. Yesterday my Ghost connector and Lone Wolf adjustable trigger shoe came in and I installed them last night. The trigger allowed me to remove some of the pre-travel and over-travel and the connector brought the trigger pull down to a little over 5lbs. I've got two +1 and two +2 extensions from Taran Tactical to up the round count a bit. I may consider an extended mag release but other than that I think she's done being fooled with.

IMG_3010_zpsv37yxqkv.jpg

Got a chance to run 30 rounds through her this evening at 10 yards. The rear sight isn't centered up and until we get a decent sight pusher that will nudge it for me it'll have to stay that way. Once I can bring it to center she should be POA/POI.

F86FD7B7-9796-47C2-BE09-8C87D7170F0A_zpskqnjezds.jpg

5376F1EC-50E4-4805-948C-15CC91F54793_zpsqn4cla11.jpg

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    I'm loving my little 43 also, how do you like the taran tactical upgrades? Did you get taran springs also for it? I have heard on other forums that some people were having issues with the +2 and factory springs.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've still got the factory springs in and haven't had any issues but the springs are weaker than I would like. I didn't realize Taran was offering extended spring, I planned on upgrading once someone was offering them.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Very interesting. Been keeping my eyes on these. I have a Sig 232 in .380acp as a summer time carry gun that is a bit easier for me to conceal than my G19. The only real downside to it is, well, .380acp. Been thinking the G43 would be a step in the right direction in terms of getting to 9mm, and then shooting common ammo with the G19.

Are either of you able to compare vs. any .380's? I would expect size to be similar, and perhaps the 9mm recoil of a +P duty / self defense round would be a bit snappier than a .380.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I'm loving mine. Got it from an INGOer back in August. I've been working with the Lonewolf trigger for about a month and loving that over the awful IMO factory trigger. I put in a Ghost Edge connector and a couple of other springs and I get a consistent average of 5-1/2lb pull on my Lyman electronic gauge. It has been flawless through 200 rounds after making those changes.
    I just also started working with the Streamlight TLR-6 light/laser combo. I mainly have that for the tac light and you can run them separately or together. I've been looking for my perfect pocket 9mm to go with my G-17 which I carry much of the time and I think this may be it.

G43%20with%20TLR6_zpssbw6hyg3.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Are either of you able to compare vs. any .380's? I would expect size to be similar, and perhaps the 9mm recoil of a +P duty / self defense round would be a bit snappier than a .380.

I can compare it to the Glock 42 (.380). The G42 is more pleasant to shoot and a tad smaller and easier to pocket carry. The G43 is just a touch too big to fit in the pocket of my pants comfortably. I shot 20 rounds of Federal 147gr +P HST through my G43 today and while it's definitely snappy it isn't painful and the recoil wasn't enough to cause me to readjust my grip constantly. It's a pretty big leap up from the .380 with 90gr Hydrashoks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm loving mine. Got it from an INGOer back in August. I've been working with the Lonewolf trigger for about a month and loving that over the awful IMO factory trigger. I put in a Ghost Edge connector and a couple of other springs and I get a consistent average of 5-1/2lb pull on my Lyman electronic gauge. It has been flawless through 200 rounds after making those changes.
    I just also started working with the Streamlight TLR-6 light/laser combo. I mainly have that for the tac light and you can run them separately or together. I've been looking for my perfect pocket 9mm to go with my G-17 which I carry much of the time and I think this may be it.

Dang....and here I thought I was a trend setter. I like yer style.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I can compare it to the Glock 42 (.380). The G42 is more pleasant to shoot and a tad smaller and easier to pocket carry. The G43 is just a touch too big to fit in the pocket of my pants comfortably. I shot 20 rounds of Federal 147gr +P HST through my G43 today and while it's definitely snappy it isn't painful and the recoil wasn't enough to cause me to readjust my grip constantly. It's a pretty big leap up from the .380 with 90gr Hydrashoks.

Thanks for that comparison! Hoping one of these days I might run into someone that has one locally and put a few rounds through it, but may just have to get my own and try it out.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I love carrying mine. Shooting it is ok for me. Everyone shoots this gun to the left. I have to really concentrate and take my time to hit the bullseye, which isn't true with my other Glocks. The Ghost trigger brought the rounds closer to center, but still left. That irritates me.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I love carrying mine. Shooting it is ok for me. Everyone shoots this gun to the left. I have to really concentrate and take my time to hit the bullseye, which isn't true with my other Glocks. The Ghost trigger brought the rounds closer to center, but still left. That irritates me.

I shoot left with every single one of my 4 Glocks, including the 43, hitting the exact same area of the target. I adjusted the rear sight and now I'm spot on with all of them. Funny thing, I looked at the Glocks of two of my LEO buddies, and guess what? Both of their rear sights are adjusted same as mine. I've got to hand it to Glock...they are consistent!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've shot every Glock I've owned or been issued POA/POI with the rear sight centered but I have seen a few which needed the rear sight drifted right of center.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    If i take my time I'm dead on, rapid fire and I/m low a inch so not bad with the little 43. With the 19 its great no matter what. I have been ordering and installing the factory glock night sights. I shot left with factory non 3 dot sights. Put the factory 3 dot night sights on and I'm perfect.

Might be a choice of you.

Top Bottom