• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    So I am looking to buy a 1911 in the near future. I have a idea of what I would like, black commander with a rail, but I'm having a hard time finding one I really want. I seen a sig scorpion at Gander but it's FDE. Any 1911 gurus out there have something going that will fit for about $1000

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I am looking to buy a 1911 in the near future. I have a idea of what I would like, black commander with a rail, but I'm having a hard time finding one I really want. I seen a sig scorpion at Gander but it's FDE. Any 1911 gurus out there have something going that will fit for about $1000

The money is right.

bigo334

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Greenfield
    I like the scorpion and the springer which is better in your guys minds. The Springfield is black but those grips on the Scorpions is awesome

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I like the scorpion and the springer which is better in your guys minds. The Springfield is black but those grips on the Scorpions is awesome

Sig makes a lot of 1911's, not just the scorpion. I have a Sig TacOps 1911 and I love it. Very accurate. If you want black and commander sized, they have several models. Buddy of mine had a Sig Nightmare fastback carry and it was really sweet:

1911 Fastback Carry Nightmare

Anyway, as noted, the grips are pretty easy to swap out on a 1911 and it's one of the nice features of the gun to me. You can customize the gun to your liking. I believe the ones on the scorpion are made by Hogue, but there are similar ones made by VZ Grips. I think that Sig and SA both make great 1911's and would be happy to own either. Word of advice, wait until Black Friday or between then and Christmas and watch for great gun deals. I bought my TacOps last year during that time period and paid less than $700 for a gun that normally sells for $900+.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    OP, get what you like! I can tell you that I like factory firearms and through 1000's of rds have had ZERO ISSUES!! Not to say that I won't, but factory does not mean failure! Companies dont build their firearms to fail they want them to work!!

However I do buy quality firearms.
    I have found out that
    Sigs can be picky
    Rugers/Springs will eat anything
    Colts are "Sweet" and will eat anythng as well.
    MY Auto Ordanance is 100% but doesnt have lots of rds thru it
    NEW CZ1911 has been 100% thru prolly 150 rds
    RI ALWAYS go back for repair!

Just my .02

OK CM chime in

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OP, get what you like! I can tell you that I like factory firearms and through 1000's of rds have had ZERO ISSUES!! Not to say that I won't, but factory does not mean failure! Companies dont build their firearms to fail they want them to work!!

However I do buy quality firearms.
    I have found out that
    Sigs can be picky
    Rugers/Springs will eat anything
    Colts are "Sweet" and will eat anythng as well.
    MY Auto Ordanance is 100% but doesnt have lots of rds thru it
    NEW CZ1911 has been 100% thru prolly 150 rds
    RI ALWAYS go back for repair!

Just my .02

OK CM chime in

You have the new CZ 1911.......Tell us more.....:)
    I have ran 1. It was nicely fit up and finished. Trigger was a bit rough/sluggish but acceptable. The price point is a bit spendy for a Mil-Spec but it is full of forged parts....no MIM to my knowledge.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I do!! It def is a pricey mil-spec 1911, fit and finish is really nice. U are correct the trigger is rough and hopefully smoothes out with time and rds downrange, I'm saying its a +6lb :(

I've never seen a gun come from the factory literally dripping in oil!!

Top Bottom