• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I just picked up an FM HI Power at an auction tonight for $210 did I go wrong. Also what do you guys think about it. I have a Browing Hi Power and love it, but this seem like such a deal I could not pass it up.​

100_3234.jpg

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That's an excellent, amazing, price. The last time I bought one for that was in 1988. They are good solid High Powers. The early one were made under FN license and are good as any military High power

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I thought it sounded like a good deal. Not to often you can get any gun for $200 buck but a 9mm with 2 clip in what I would say is almost unfired condition had to do it. I am not crazy about the finsh of this gun it almost looks painted not blued is that normal?? I was going to post a picture but I don't know how. Brand new to the site my first posting. Just find the site so it will not be my last. Thanks

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    You need to upload to your pics to one of many free pic sites, like photobucket.com You can then post pics by copy and pasting the
    links into your posts. I use photobucket myself.

Looking forward to seeing some pics, and welcome to INGO!!

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I have been looking for one of these for a while. It would fill a spot in the collection. I think they a 100% interchangeable with the Belgians. Great carry gun. The saftys are kinda mushy like most of the HI Powers. Never real positive when you disengage it. But when you ease off the safty no one can hear it. Great price. I may try to order one.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    Sounds to me like you got a steal of a deal. As far as the finish is concerned, there are lots of options on here by sight sponsors that could refinish it in anything you prefer and it would look great!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    On the older guns, at least, that finish wears like iron, better than the similar enamel finish on the Browning MkIII's.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I am sooo jealous!!! I had one of these and being stupid I got rid of it. I looked just like yours. It was the best 9mm I ever owned. It ate everything I put through it, except some old 9's I had at the time. I have been looking for one ever since. If for some reason you don't like it, I guess I could take it off of you hands! :)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Looks great at an amazing price!

The slide/frame cutout looks just like the FEG HiPower clone I owned but the extended safety lever was very different. Does your gun still have the magazine safety intact?

IMG_4306.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

BrowningHiPowerP35Belgian-B.jpg

Last edited:

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Yep the mag safty is still there. I wanted to take it out to the range today but ran out of time. I am looking forward to trying it out. PS paperboy if it is not the one for me I will let you know.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't think you can find a better "clone" out there than an FM!!

I had one for a while...it was dead-nuts accurate despite the tiny combat sights.

The trigger wasn't great, but wasn't bad. Not for me, at least. I left the magazine safety intact mainly because I didn't dare fiddle with it. I ain't too keen on that kind of thing...fiddling with gun innards.

However, MY pistol exhibited some extraction issues that I personally couldn't remedy. I sold it to AllenM and I think it probably only took him 10 minutes to get it to run 100%.

If I found another one for the price you found that one...I'd be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

AND, there are "NIB" commander-sized slide assemblies available for these pistols. Cool!

-J-

AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I have a 2tone FN Highpower clone and have never had any issues with it. I mostly shoot mil surplus ammo and the cheapo golden bear stuff. It's not quite as accurate as my browning but it actually is more reliable.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    The finish is enamel over parkerizing. Wears like iron as long as it's not chipped or deeply scratched. Very durable and rust preventive. Great deal on a fine gun . Congrats and enjoy.:)

Top Bottom