• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeOrtiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    East Chicago
    I am stuck between the Micro Desert Eagle and the Seecamp .32.
    I have seen them for around the same price at my local shop... The Seecamp being just a few dollars more.

They will be back up guns to my primary carry weapon.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I'd say the name recognition of the Deagle has a little more of a "badass" factor attached to it. Never heard of a Seecamp.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Personally, I'd say the name recognition of the Deagle has a little more of a "badass" factor attached to it. Never heard of a Seecamp.

Good Lord, really? The Seecamp is one of the old classics. For it's time it was one of the nicest hideout guns you could get, if you could get one. At their prime they were mostly hand made and fitted. Wait times of 1 year and up, scalpers prices.

4379716_01_lw_seecamp_32_acp_great_ccw_640.jpg

To the OP. I've had a chance to fire a Seecamp a long time ago. I've handled the MDE but only in a shop. The MDE to me seemed to be a bit more rough around the edges and blocky. It didn't really fit my hand very well and just felt awkward. Another thing to consider is how it will be carried. If your planning on pocket carry then the MDE's 'squareness', for lack of a better term, may come into play.

If it were me, going just off of feel since I haven't fired both of them, I would go with the Seecamp. If I had shot both of them that may have changed though. I would give the typical advice, shoot both then decide, but finding a rental or loaner Seecamp will be difficult at best.

Last edited:

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've heard good things about Seecamp and heard nothing (positive or negative) about the micro eagles. If you don't mind my asking, why is it between these two weapons? What features are attracting you? Just curious because I love guns.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Do a little research and chances are you'll go with a Seecamp, if you can find one. I know www.gunbroker.com usually have a few. The .380 version is highly sought after and bring the higher scalper prices.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I am stuck between the Micro Desert Eagle and the Seecamp .32.
    I have seen them for around the same price at my local shop... The Seecamp being just a few dollars more.

They will be back up guns to my primary carry weapon.

I did a lot of searching when I was looking for a .380 and looked into the Micro Desert Eagle....they look neat...but have pretty negative feedback from what I read. Lots of muzzle lift and jams. I Would stay away from the DE, plus you're going to pay too much for one.

If those are the only two you're looking at, then get the Seecamp, other wise...get a Glock 42/3.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I did a lot of searching when I was looking for a .380 and looked into the Micro Desert Eagle....they look neat...but have pretty negative feedback from what I read. Lots of muzzle lift and jams. I Would stay away from the DE, plus you're going to pay too much for one.

If those are the only two you're looking at, then get the Seecamp, other wise...get a Glock 42/3.

Bad suggestion if he is wanting a pocket gun. I'd look at a Ruger LCP first. Wife carries one and it drops in a pocket nicely. My G42 not so much.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Bad suggestion if he is wanting a pocket gun. I'd look at a Ruger LCP first. Wife carries one and it drops in a pocket nicely. My G42 not so much.

He said backup, not pocket carry. So I guess it depends on how he wants to carry it. I can't attest to the lcp. I had a fixation on getting one for a while, but not so much anymore. Someone said the LCP Custom is nice.

Ruger Firearms News

MikeOrtiz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    East Chicago
    There are a few things I like about these two pistols. The stainless finish of both. The frame is a sturdy metal and not polymer. They can both fit in a back pocket holster. They are pretty unnoticeable when compared to my EDC piece. I am carrying the Glock 21 everyday. Some places I go to are kind of funny about guns. I was actually stopped at Walmart in Hammond by a Lake County Sheriffs deputy, because my gun was printing and someone told the officer. It's understandable, but I flashed my Permit and it was ran through the system and I went on my way. I can take the big ol Glock off and still have something in my back pocket.
    Bars are especially finicky about guns. I have been told it is illegal to carry in a bar. That is absolutely not true. If I want to eat some wings and have a beer I am gonna carry. I know there is a certain responsibility when carrying, but if I'm not hammered and I am not a threat to anyone I don't see why they ask me to put my gun in my vehicle. Every time a bartender or owner asks me that, I leave. I will not spend money in a place that I can't be safe. It would be nice to have either small gun hidden in my back pocket for my personal protection.

Top Bottom