• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    What is your pick for a suppressed .22 pistol. Please list why, and any experiences you have had. Also, maybe the suppressor you are running on your pistol.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    S&W 422/622/2213/2214. Factory threaded barrel, low bore axis, accurate, quality firearms all around.

I agree and have owned a dozen of these over the years. However, they are getting hard to find and going up in price. I currently use a new S&W M&P22 Compact with a thread adapter and really like it. It has fynctioned well with standard velocity ammo.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    S&W 2206, Gemtech Outback, Burris FastFire II, same reasons as above -

The other one is a SIG P226, with threaded barrel and adapter. Don't have a photo of it. Huntertown Arms Guardian on it. Sights clear the can, 15 round mags, swap the slide and barrel and it is a .40S&W.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I had my Buckmark threaded for a host, been great. Also have a GSG 22 conversion for the 1911 and again, has been great as a host. Both have been reliable.

I use either a Huntertown Guardian or a Thompson Machine Zephyr

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have one suppressor, Gemtechs Outback II not able to disassemble model. I have (3) pistols. S&W 622, Ruger 22/45 Gen 1 with Tactical Solutions threaded match upper & threaded Buckmark in blue with the front sight moved back and height shaved to accommodate the new angle. All shoot amazing. The bores were properly broken in after being cleaned with JB bore paste and treated with Micro long before firing.
    I haven't mounted any optics yet as I have a Raven Concealment kydex holster made for the 22/45 with suppressor attached at one of the 1500 shows a long time ago. It's bad arsed & I don't wanna change it. Love it!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What is your pick for a suppressed .22 pistol.

Ruger 22/45 MkII

Please list why, and any experiences you have had.

I had a bunch of them (them being 22/45s). They were the best gun for money spent since they came out in the early '90s. Think I bought my first one at $159.99. Ruger 22/45 may still be the best value on the market today.

Had a bunch of experiences shooting different suppressed .22s but I grew up with integral suppressors . . . because I am old. Thus, I went with a Gemtech Oasis. It serves as a training gun.

The Elevated IPA is there for scale . . . and because I am done reloading for the day so its break time.:D

Last edited:

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I like the Ruger Mk1/2/3, because if your machinist knows what he's doing, it's easy to modify the rear end of the tubular receiver (around the bolt ears) to lock the bolt closed (if desired), to eliminate action clatter & achieve silent operation. (My can is a 90s vintage Tibbetts).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I agree and have owned a dozen of these over the years. However, they are getting hard to find and going up in price. I currently use a new S&W M&P22 Compact with a thread adapter and really like it. It has fynctioned well with standard velocity ammo.
    You can use supersonic ammo with a pistol and a suppressor and it will stay subsonic.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    I currently dont own a 22 pistol, i do have pistols in other most common calibers. In the research process of nfa trust, with 22 suppressor as first nfa item. So, i figured i would buy a pistol to play around with will waiting on tax stamp. Plus i want a 22 pistol anyway.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I currently dont own a 22 pistol, i do have pistols in other most common calibers. In the research process of nfa trust, with 22 suppressor as first nfa item. So, i figured i would buy a pistol to play around with will waiting on tax stamp. Plus i want a 22 pistol anyway.

If you are researching how to make a trust, and have not found this thread yet, you might want to consider it. Send an email, make a phone call, fill out a simple form, oh and send some money, and you are done. It will take you longer to read that thread than it will to make your trust.

Oh and get lifetime legal advice on the matter too.

:twocents:

Top Bottom