• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I been thinking about tricking out a handgun and can't make up my mind about what platform to use, I have both right now but they are filling the SD tools and so they have to stay as close to factory as possible. This other project would be a range gun/cool looking so the will have somewhat of comp trigger, match fit barrel, magwell, etc. I shoot both platforms decently with a slide edge to the M&P because better ergonomics so any thoughts?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    The Glock is less expensive to do the trigger on and since you want to keep it close to factory lack of aftermarket parts shouldn't hamper you. If you shoot the M&P better that's the direction I would go. Either is up to the task and accuracy with the stock barrel may surprise you once you get the trigger work done. I don't know where you are where training is concerned but working with someone like Coach can improve your speed/accuracy potential. [FONT=&amp]

NRA Life Member[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    OP - It depends on what you consider "tricked out"... Milling the slide? Sights? Stippling? Slide plates? I know all of these are available for the M&P and Glock.
    I actually purchased one via the classifieds that was tricked nicely... Limits are only funds. LoL

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My Glock 17...love this one for speed shoots, the trigger is adjustable for both pre and post travel...only take-up is depressing the trigger safety, very short reset as well

Wolf Barrel
    Carver 4 port Comp
    ZEV Technologies Adjustable Fulcrum Ultimate Trigger
    Burris Fastfire

47274d59-540e-4c8b-8920-000f1d57a721_zpsfec90ae2.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    The 4 port Carver comps really want to be fed a hotter load, I am approaching a +P 124gr load for reliable functioning. Upside is there is a good bit of gas to make the comp perform quite well.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Thanks I had a better picture, but it won't load from the phone.

Its a 9mm with an Apex DCAEK
    The gun was stippled by Nash Gunwerx (or however goofy toys-R-us way he spells it)
    i did the double undercut, mag scallop, and rear tang chop.
    Atei added the side and top serrations, cut the slide for the rmr, the trijicon suppressor sights, and re melonited the thing.
    the magazine extended base plate is a Noveske branded Taran Tactical.
    It usually has an X300 under it but I took it off for the pictures. Currently looking for a threaded barrel.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I love Glocks, I carry Glocks, I tried M&P and could not get over the trigger differences. However, if that were not the case, and I was just going for a range toy, independent of my attachment to the Glock trigger, I'd probably build an M&P, just to do something different.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Though I like the apex m&p trigger better than any glock or aftermarket glock trigger, if you prefer the glock reset, it's hard to replicate

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Though I like the apex m&p trigger better than any glock or aftermarket glock trigger, if you prefer the glock reset, it's hard to replicate

This was my problem. I wanted to like the M&P's, I bought one, I wanted to change over. I just could not get past the reset difference, even with a RAM installed. I have heard the newer M&P's are better in this regard, but I don't have first hand experience of this.

loganbarker30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Block may have more after market upgrades but there are quite a few companies that do custom work for both. Either or is a great choice.

Top Bottom