• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    This will really put some people in a tizzy. Polymer80, which currently produces AR-15/10 80% lowers is developing 80% Glock frames that are due out in January. Looks like their initial frames will handle 9mm, .40 and .357sig calibers and will accommodate different slide lengths. They will come as kits that include the 80% frame and tools to make it fully functional. Interesting times.

mSKBzFj.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Look at their website polymer80.com

Based on that, it looks like normal price will be about $180, pre-release sale is $136 Interesting...

Hey NHT3... combine these frames with the 22TCM9R ???

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Look at their website polymer80.com

Based on that, it looks like normal price will be about $180, pre-release sale is $136 Interesting...

Hey NHT3... combine these frames with the 22TCM9R ???

YOU my good man are reading my mind.. Already sent a PM to AllenM about the possibility of getting some time on his milling machine or if he is interested in getting a couple to play with.. Too bad the 9R isn't out yet?? Looks like it will be the first of the year now so the timetable for both seems to be perfect.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Glock Armorer-M&P Armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Please keep me posted if you try one - I might be interested in doing that as well. I thought the 9R conversions were out already? Certainly worth watching...

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Interesting. I've seen 80% AR lowers just never seriously looked into them. Anybody have any first hand expierance with this company? Might have to do some reading into them.

bamtime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    Bloomington
    Interesting. I've seen 80% AR lowers just never seriously looked into them. Anybody have any first hand expierance with this company? Might have to do some reading into them.

This looks cool! I built one of their AR lowers and while it was easier and quicker to finish than aluminum 80's and functioned properly, the sides started to bow in where the milling was done. Not sure what caused it, maybe too much heat from milling? I haven't had a chance to look into it much more. Made the trigger group hard to put in or take out and ended up looking cheap/junky IMO. I've read others having success with them so I plan on trying another one to see if it does the same thing. They did seem to be built pretty solid and smooth for the money though, so I wont count them out yet.

bar3353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Evansville
    This will really put some people in a tizzy. Polymer80, which currently produces AR-15/10 80% lowers is developing 80% Glock frames that are due out in January. Looks like their initial frames will handle 9mm, .40 and .357sig calibers and will accommodate different slide lengths. They will come as kits that include the 80% frame and tools to make it fully functional. Interesting times.

mSKBzFj.jpg

Could i switch it out on the new glock 17? I dont really care for the handle on the Gen4.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Well, you do have to do some machining first (that's why it's 80%), but their web site does list the Glock 17 as one of the models that can be built using this frame. I'd wait for some reviews to see how others like the feel of this frame before considering it as a replacement.

bar3353

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    Evansville
    Well, you do have to do some machining first (that's why it's 80%), but their web site does list the Glock 17 as one of the models that can be built using this frame. I'd wait for some reviews to see how others like the feel of this frame before considering it as a replacement.

Awesome! If i don't have the tools to finish it, then do you know how much it might be to get someone to finish it for me?

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    If I read the info correctly, it switches with Gen3 parts. I'd wait and see before trying Gen 4.... Heck we're all going to have to wait and see until January or so anyway... :D

Top Bottom