• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulKersey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 16, 2012
    Evansville
    I went to the range yesterday for the first time in a long time to shoot a couple of my pistols. I must be one of the few left who actually still likes 40 S&W. I bought the CZ P07 Duty a few years back, and the one that I have is one of the earlier ones that have DUTY stamped on them. My gun does not have the bulge or any issues whatsoever. I bought the HK new recently and had not fired an HK pistol until yesterday. I guess I was expecting some type of magical experience from the HK mystique, and that didn't happen. Yes, I like it and it was 100% reliable through a handful of mags. It is certainly well-made, and I don't question the quality. However, I shot the CZ better than the HK. I know you can't evaluate a pistol from one session. However, I don't have many rounds through the CZ either, and I just seem to instinctively shoot it more accurately. The CZ seems like a bargain. I haven't owned a metal-framed CZ, but this polymer P07 is nice. The P2000 is certainly a nice gun, but I was surprised that based on first impressions, I prefer the cheaper of the 2. It certainly has a crisper trigger than the HK.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Glad to know I'm not the only one left that still likes 40S&W. :rockwoot: Although usually when I go to the range for fun I'm usually taking a 45acp 1911 or my new to me 357 magnum Dan Wesson revolver but I still carry 40S&W daily. I'll admit, I don't know much about CZ pistols but can't say I've heard hardly anything bad about them either. Similar to Dan Wesson revolvers, not exactly THE most popular but the people who do have them are almost a cult like following. Maybe one of these days I'll just have money to burn and can buy one to see what everybody's talking about.

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    CZs are just fantastic guns, and be careful or you will find yourself going back to your savings account many times as they are easy to fall in love with!psyko

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    I am still a huge fan of the .40 S&W. I also agree with your impressions of the CZ P07 and the H&K P2000. If you want to be really impressed with an H&K trigger try the H&K VP40 now that it is out.

The CZ Omega trigger is one of the best overall DA triggers I have ever felt.

Top Bottom